Create account | Lost password |
Forums --> GlobalTuners --> News --> 17.2 kHz transmission

17.2 kHz transmission
Message from Calico at Wednesday, 17-Oct-12 14:20:59 GMT
Shine these wires, get that pencil and paper out, SAQ *VERY LOW FREQUENCY* on 17.2 kHz (only!) is on the air again!

"EXTRA GRIMETON RADIO/SAQ TRANSMISSION

There will be a transmission with the Alexanderson alternator on 17.2 kHz on "United Nations Day" October 24, 2012 at 10:30 UTC.

Start up and tuning from about 10:00 UTC.

We do not require any QSL-reports this time and will not verify."

(Source: Lars,SM6NM)
Message from swl_felix at Sunday, 23-Dec-12 09:42:37 GMT
Transmission on Christmas Eve 24 December

The SAQ Team at Grimeton plans for a traditional transmission on Christmas Eve Monday 24 December. They plan to start the transmitter at 07:30 UTC and will be on air a few minutes later. A message will be sent at 08:00 UTC. The frequency is 17.2 kHz CW.

Further info: http://www.alexander.n.se/transmissions.htm

Good luck to everyone who will try to listen for the VLF transmission, and on this note a Merry Christmas to all of you.
Message from Calico at Tuesday, 15-Jan-13 08:03:41 GMT
Ditto, Felix!

Did you (or anyone really) manage to get to hear the VLF transmission?
Hope yr studies are going well, are you still in Southampton?

Tim
Message from swl_felix at Wednesday, 30-Jan-13 10:27:54 GMT
Hi Tim.
According to the crew at SAQ-Grimeton, the antenna current was only 400 ampere compared to the usual 460 ampere, this closely related to the weather conditions in Sweden at the time of the transmission. Therefore, listeners in Northern Europe may not have been able to hear SAQ as well as in other events.

Due to the Christmas celebrations with my family I had no way to relocate out of the village to attempt listening to the SAQ transmission, in the village I get too much QRM on VLF so listening from here is pretty much pointless.

I am not in Southampton any more, successfully finished studies there and moved back to Germany.

Hope to hear from you soon.
Vy 73,
Felix
Message from Calico at Thursday, 23-May-13 23:57:18 GMT
Roger Grover Felix, interesting info Grimeton's antenna current-thanks.
Catch you down the log with KU some time soon again.
Happy tuning es 73 from Dorset
Calico

© 2007-2014 Ivo Smits, GlobalTuners - About GlobalTuners & Contact - Page generated in 11 ms. 10 SQL queries used.