Don't like advertisements? Neither do we. Check out our Premium Membership to support GlobalTuners and get rid of the advertisements!
Message from E_Radiotracker at Friday, 28-Dec-12 03:33:39 GMT
Hi all, Radiotracker south of seattle wavin, There used to be a pacific DX reciever based in washington state, i thought it was really cool, but now its gone sadly.

I'm just wondering if theres a possibility of a new washington area reciever being posted here for everyone to listen to :)
Message from norave at Friday, 28-Dec-12 08:10:42 GMT
That is a great idea! Why don't you start offering one?
Message from ku4a at Friday, 28-Dec-12 15:27:31 GMT
GlobalTuners depends on people volunteering to host receivers. So, the possibility of a new Washington state receiver depends on whether or not anyone will step up to put a receiver online.
Message from E_Radiotracker at Friday, 28-Dec-12 20:45:04 GMT
I would do that Norave, but i dont have the setup to be able to do that, my scanner can be hooked up to the pc, but i dont have the cable or the soundcard to properly host a station for GT :(

I'd need to get a few things, and re arrange my radio room setup, lol
Message from nickstr1 at Saturday, 29-Dec-12 01:35:34 GMT
A scanner might not work with the tuner software because bear in mind only certain tuners are supported. I was actually the one that ran the Pacific DX tuner which existed from November 2010 to May 2011 which sadly is a short period of time but I had to move to Indiana.
Message from crainbebo at Friday, 04-Jan-13 05:28:12 GMT
I'd love a Seattle node, but how about one in the Eastern WA area? Perhaps someone in Yakima/Ellensburg or Tri-Cities could offer one. The FM and AM DX is ripe out there!

-crainbebo
Message from E_Radiotracker at Thursday, 10-Jan-13 04:42:53 GMT
ah, so a bc898t from uniden probably wouldnt work? damn

yea, a seattle or tacoma area node would be nice.
Message from jetmage123 at Monday, 10-Jun-13 16:35:49 GMT
If i ever get my current setup to work. :) i could share a receiver North of Seattle. but if that doesn't work out i have a friend in Kennewick, Tri-Cites that could maybe share one.
Message from crainbebo at Saturday, 21-Sep-13 03:00:29 GMT
Since you live in Bellingham, that's actually a good distance north of Seattle. Roughly 80 miles. Up there, Seattle FMs are very staticky.

The Kennewick might work really good too. I've never been to the Tri-Cities, but have been to Yakima many times, and those FM locals come in nicely. (94.9, 102.7, 105.3, 106.5, etc)

-crainbebo
Message from flight777 at Thursday, 24-Apr-14 07:44:50 GMT
I'm located in the Pacific Northwest. What does it take hardware/software-wise to get a tuner on GT? Are contributions allowed? Thanks ~flight777

© 2007-2015 Ivo Smits, UCIS Internet - About GlobalTuners & Contact - Page generated in 2 ms. 9 SQL queries used.
We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners who may combine it with other information you’ve provided to them or they’ve collected from your use of their services. Click here for more information.