Don't like advertisements? Neither do we. Check out our Premium Membership to support GlobalTuners and get rid of the advertisements!
Message from bobdavcav at Friday, 03-Apr-15 18:07:25 GMT
Right now I'm using the antenna which shipped with my SDR, a 5 ft telescoping indoor antenna fully extended, but I appear to be having problems with distant fm stations. For example, CKKQ from Victoria BC, about 80 miles from here, has a transmitter way up high which causes it to have a pretty good signal here in Seattle's northern subburbs. However, it's barely audible if at all on the SDR. Also there's 97.7, 99.3, and now 93.7 which all transmit from a mountain about 50 miles to the south, but none of them come in at al on the SDR, though 97.7 does get an RDS decode. Curiously, 102.9, which transmits from a different mountain a little farther south, comes in pretty well.
Message from nycradio at Wednesday, 08-Apr-15 15:30:49 GMT
Bob, you need to buy a adapter so you can connect other type of FM antennas. You can find the adapters at e bay. Hope this helps.
Message from bobdavcav at Wednesday, 08-Apr-15 20:05:44 GMT
What is the antenna that comes with the SDR supposed to receive? I've read online that it's not suitable for all bands, but haven't seen anything right off that says what bands it does well on and what bands it doesn't.
Message from nycradio at Wednesday, 08-Apr-15 20:12:06 GMT
not sure..i think the basic antenna that comes with the SDR stick works only fair for FM..you need to get an adapter so you can connect a better antenna.
Message from bobdavcav at Wednesday, 08-Apr-15 20:41:33 GMT
What antenna do you have for your SDR?
Message from nycradio at Wednesday, 08-Apr-15 20:46:31 GMT
I used a FM Craft Antenna (6 elements I think) on my roof that I purchased from Amazon for only $30.00 I think..it works very well..use it with a radio shack Rotator. my SDR node is located here...

http://www.globaltuners.com/receiver/1517/

© 2007-2015 Ivo Smits, UCIS Internet - About GlobalTuners & Contact - Page generated in 3 ms. 10 SQL queries used.
We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners who may combine it with other information you’ve provided to them or they’ve collected from your use of their services. Click here for more information.