Don't like advertisements? Neither do we. Check out our Premium Membership to support GlobalTuners and get rid of the advertisements!
Message from tg123 at Wednesday, 14-Nov-18 22:23:55 GMT
Hi All, I'm going out on a limb that someone here might be able to help or point me in the right direction.
I'm in need of information of whether airspace was closed, or whether ATC gave a no fly instruction to a flight (it's to help me with an insurance claim as naturally Ryanair are refusing to pay). The insurance need confirmation that the flight was cancelled due to bad weather, and this was instructed from ATC.
It was BCN to STN on 14/10/18 - FR9815 at 18:05
I'm not sure if that info is available anywhere, I've tried a million and one websites, emailed a number of organisations, and just can't seem to get anything, then I remembered this place, so I'm hoping someone might be able to point me in the right direction.

Thanks
Tim

Last edited by tg123 at Wednesday, 14-Nov-18 22:24:23 UTC
Message from GeoffW at Friday, 16-Nov-18 08:37:27 GMT
Have a look at this Tim. There's a mention of severe weather impacting Barcelona on the 14th October. Download the analysis document. There's plenty of tech gobbledegook but there's mention of storm Leslie and Barcelona if you search through. Hope it helps

https://www.eurocontrol.int/publications/network-operations-report-october-2018
Message from tg123 at Monday, 19-Nov-18 20:13:39 GMT
Thanks for your help Geoff. I'll give that a go and I've also emailed them directly for specific information which I feel like they will probably have. Fingers crossed!

© 2007-2018 Ivo Smits, UCIS Internet - About GlobalTuners & Contact - Page generated in 4 ms. 10 SQL queries used.
We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners who may combine it with other information you’ve provided to them or they’ve collected from your use of their services. Click here for more information.