Don't like advertisements? Neither do we. Check out our Premium Membership to support GlobalTuners and get rid of the advertisements!
Message from Ivo at Saturday, 29-Dec-18 21:50:11 GMT
Hi everybody,

We've been working on a completely new mobile app for GlobalTuners and we have just released the first Android version for public beta testing. A version for iOS will hopefully follow later.

At the moment the app provides just the basic functionality to listen to and control the receivers, and we would like your feedback. Do you think it's missing something, something is confusing or just broken?

A Premium Membership is needed to be able to use the new app. If you do not have a premium subscription and are not sharing a receiver, you can get a premium subscription via the app and your Google Play account at a discounted price (about 4 euros per month).

If you're interested in testing the new app, you can opt in for the beta test at https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.globaltuners.android.v1 and install it via the Google Play Store.

We're looking forward to your feedback.

Ivo
Message from MIAMIATC at Monday, 31-Dec-18 22:01:44 GMT
Will it have the functionality to show people in each radio that are listening ? I found that to be problematic. Many times I would go in on the old app and it showed no one was tuning while on the laptop version there clearly was someone tuning and I hijacked unknowingly the radio .
Message from jerryat187 at Tuesday, 01-Jan-19 11:39:32 GMT
Hi,yes it shows all users loged in )

Last edited by jerryat187 at Tuesday, 01-Jan-19 11:54:18 UTC
Message from WDLC at Tuesday, 01-Jan-19 22:44:58 GMT
seems good but found when I tried to tune 104.3 WFM it came in as 104...is this any enter key? Is bandguide going to be added as well ? Thanks, Ivo.

Last edited by nycradio at Tuesday, 01-Jan-19 22:45:35 UTC

Last edited by nycradio at Wednesday, 02-Jan-19 10:42:17 UTC
Message from veso266 at Wednesday, 02-Jan-19 13:26:39 GMT
@nycradio you have to tune in Hertz, and there is no "." so 104.3 would be 104.300.000

there is a "." but it does not work (probably int so string conversion failed or something like that)

Last edited by veso266 at Wednesday, 02-Jan-19 13:30:27 UTC

Last edited by veso266 at Wednesday, 02-Jan-19 14:13:39 UTC
Message from robertr64 at Tuesday, 08-Jan-19 23:49:52 GMT
I'd love to try this, though my Google play account (address removed by admin) is different from the mail one I use for Globaltuners and sharing receivers. I still have the old GT app but hopefully this one works with HD.

Last edited by druid at Wednesday, 09-Jan-19 15:53:15 UTC
Message from Ivo at Wednesday, 09-Jan-19 07:53:51 GMT
@robertr64: that's not a problem, you can use the gmail.com address to join the beta and install the app and then sign in with your GT account in the app.

The old app should still work, but will stop working eventually since it has not been updated for a long time and continued support for the old app would make the rest of GlobalTuners less secure. The new app responds much faster and should support all modes and options on the receivers, including HD channels.
Message from robertr64 at Friday, 01-Feb-19 16:05:00 GMT
New app looks good. Can I enter a frequency as 94.1 MHz? seems like I can only get it to work with something like 941000000 as it seems to be stuck on hz.
Message from Ivo at Saturday, 02-Feb-19 13:32:18 GMT
@robertr64, it will accept a frequency like 91.1 MHz, however there's currently no way to enter this. The problem is that, if we allow letters to be entered, you get a full text keyboard and most users will have to take extra steps to input numbers, so I chose to use a numeric-only input for now because entering a few extra zeros is easier than switching the keyboard mode. I will think about your request, maybe I can add a separate Hz/kHz/MHz selector.

© 2007-2018 Ivo Smits, UCIS Internet - About GlobalTuners & Contact - Page generated in 2 ms. 0 SQL queries used.
We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners who may combine it with other information you’ve provided to them or they’ve collected from your use of their services. Click here for more information.