Don't like advertisements? Neither do we. Check out our Premium Membership to support GlobalTuners and get rid of the advertisements!
View page:  <  1  2  > 
Message from W1WCN at Friday, 27-Jan-12 21:54:55 GMT
I've just posted a brief and cursory introduction to globaltuners.com youtube video. It is very elementary and will probably not provide any information to those of you who have been "N"s for some time. However, I hope that it will help promote to a new audience the site that has brought joy and delight to the hearts us SWL geeks :). It might also help some "T"s learn some of the basic functions of the "Modern" interface so that they will feel more confident jumping in with both feet to enjoy SWL.

Also, I'm looking for ideas on future videos. Please leave me a reply with any ideas that you may have.

Grace & 73,

Joe - W1WCN
Message from norave at Friday, 27-Jan-12 22:27:11 GMT
Joe,

thanks for this clip, I'm sure it will be helpful for some new folks! Let me add some important information. Here's the clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSdsIiipuS8

Sven
Message from W1WCN at Friday, 27-Jan-12 22:45:56 GMT
Sven, I discovered your videos just a few minutes ago...Bravo Zulu! Everyone else, please check out Sven's videos. You can find them at http://www.youtube.com/user/norave76?feature=watch
Message from ku4a at Tuesday, 31-Jan-12 12:34:09 GMT
Great video, Joe.
Message from W1WCN at Wednesday, 01-Feb-12 23:19:56 GMT
Thanks, Chris...and thanks for letting me use your node. I hope that I accredited it properly so as not to infringe on your intellectual property.
Message from ku4a at Thursday, 02-Feb-12 00:26:03 GMT
No problem there at all. In fact, I have often thought about making a video similar to that for the Lexington nodes. I probably don't need to do it now since you did such a good job! And what an awesome demo. Your signal was actually audible here and in New England. Usually Murphy rears his ugly head when you are trying to do something like that :-).
Message from Ivo at Friday, 03-Feb-12 14:02:02 GMT
Moving this one to the news section, because I think it deserves more attention. I've also posted the video on the GT facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/GlobalTuners. Thanks again, Joe!

Ivo
Message from henk at Thursday, 16-Feb-12 15:47:53 GMT
nice work Joe Thanks
Message from W1WCN at Thursday, 16-Feb-12 16:06:07 GMT
Thanks for all the kudos! I'm working on a new video demonstrating digital decoding in Windows using FLDIGI, etc. After that might do one on WXFAX with MultiPSK.

Other suggestions for future videos are welcome.
Message from ku4a at Friday, 17-Feb-12 12:36:38 GMT
I'll give that some thought, Joe. If you have the time and expertise to do such good work, I'm only too happy to take advantage :-). The problem is getting people to take the time to WATCH videos that have been made to help them learn.

KU4A
View page:  <  1  2  > 

© 2007-2018 Ivo Smits, UCIS Internet - About GlobalTuners & Contact - Page generated in 2 ms. 0 SQL queries used.
We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners who may combine it with other information you’ve provided to them or they’ve collected from your use of their services. Click here for more information.