Don't like advertisements? Neither do we. Check out our Premium Membership to support GlobalTuners and get rid of the advertisements!
View page:  <  1  2  > 
Message from gccradioscience at Sunday, 17-Mar-13 20:10:54 GMT

I have 2 RTL-SDR's in my apartment and 1 of them I want to share, but don't know if any of the software will work. I want to share my location as an experiment and if this works then I will try to create another for HF use. The R820T is not that expensive, but need to know if Global Tuners software will work with a RTL SDR dongle with the RTL2832 chipset.

Message from deleted-account at Sunday, 17-Mar-13 20:56:01 GMT
Currently you would only be able to share it as an 'audio only' receiver on GT
Message from Aurele at Wednesday, 20-Mar-13 10:40:48 GMT
I also have a USB key RTLSDR TNT. I would like to share here.
Message from deleted-account at Wednesday, 20-Mar-13 11:46:32 GMT
Aurele, as you are already running the server software it is quite easy to add another receiver - in this case 'Audio only' - using the same procedure as when you added your second receiver.
Message from yvesvdd at Thursday, 23-May-13 08:50:36 GMT
Hi everyone,

I am writing the drivers for the RTL2832. (with tuning)

A first beta of this driver should be ready soon.

Last edited by yvesvdd at Thursday, 23-May-13 09:15:01 UTC
Message from yvesvdd at Thursday, 30-May-13 09:56:15 GMT
The first version is released today. :)

http://www.globaltuners.com/forum/thread.php?tid=1387
Message from WQKZ579 at Monday, 11-May-15 20:59:45 GMT
You guys should try a special interface for SDR type receivers, to take advantage of the ultra-wideband reception capability, Digital decoding like p25, and the trunking. I gotta say though they work really good on here and sound great.

Does it only work for RTL SDRs? I got a bladeRF laying around that does 60khz to 3800mhz. Just gotta get a not cruddy reliable internet connection.
Message from Ivo at Tuesday, 02-Jun-15 19:11:41 GMT
Hi WQKZ579,

Our primary focus is to provide reception of analog signals in a way that feels similar to traditional radios. We do like to experiment with some of the great advantages that SDR receivers bring us, but we are sometimes limited by the architecture of the GlobalTuners system, and by the relatively limited computing and bandwidth resources available on the receiver sites. These systems are simply not able to handle more than one single audio stream with limited bandwidth.

The GlobalTuners software directly supports RTL SDRs, but can also be installed as a plug in to the SDRSharp software. There seems to be a 3rd party module to use the bladeRF with SDRSharp, but I can't tell whether it would still work. We can probably support the bladeRF directly at some point, but this would require a significant amount of time on our end.
Message from legis225 at Wednesday, 19-Oct-16 13:48:44 GMT
I just got a SDR and filled out the ticket to add the receiver. Wondering what the next step is.
Message from Ivo at Wednesday, 19-Oct-16 20:07:25 GMT
@legis225: It's almost good to go. I have just configured the driver for your receiver. Now it says that the dongle is in use, are you using other software for the dongle at the moment? When you stop the other software and restart the GlobalTuners software (or the PC) the receiver should come online. I have already activated the receiver, so you should see it right away. There's some more information on the administrative options for your receiver in the wiki: https://www.globaltuners.com/wiki/new_receiver
View page:  <  1  2  > 

© 2007-2018 Ivo Smits, UCIS Internet - About GlobalTuners & Contact - Page generated in 2 ms. 0 SQL queries used.
We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners who may combine it with other information you’ve provided to them or they’ve collected from your use of their services. Click here for more information.