Don't like advertisements? Neither do we. Check out our Premium Membership to support GlobalTuners and get rid of the advertisements!
Message from VR2HF at Saturday, 24-Oct-15 07:48:46 GMT
While I was away on a business trip the FT-817 somehow switched antenna inputs leaving only the very strong ATC signal on 121.3 readable without any antenna connected (it's nearby on Tai Mo Shan, Hong Kong's highest peak). All is well now.

During the coming cooler winter months I plan to make antenna improvements that will make MW and SW reception even better. I also plan to get the node running on a US$100 Pipo mini computer running Windows 10. This will greatly reduce the power consumption and allow me to run the node on a separate computer.

Thanks for your support of the Hong Kong receiver now celebrating nearly 14 years of service in various forms and forums!

Dan V...
VR2HF

© 2007-2018 Ivo Smits, UCIS Internet - About GlobalTuners & Contact - Page generated in 1 ms. 0 SQL queries used.
We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners who may combine it with other information you’ve provided to them or they’ve collected from your use of their services. Click here for more information.