Don't like advertisements? Neither do we. Check out our Premium Membership to support GlobalTuners and get rid of the advertisements!
View page:  <  1  2  3  > 
Message from tkruczek at Saturday, 21-Mar-09 06:16:16 GMT
If you know of any software that works with global tuners and is for blind individuals please email me. A local ham operator is trying to use global tuners with his computer and not having much luck.

Thanks,
Tom / tkruczek
w1txt@arrl.net
Message from awow at Monday, 30-Mar-09 09:11:46 GMT
Hi,

I am a blind user of Global Tuners from Germany. There are some problems by using the flash-based Interface because you can't read the Users-online-list and the chatwindow. Not all knobs are accessible. The Javascript-Interface works really well with my screenreadingsoftware JAWS. Unfortunately not all Receivers seam to run with this Java-Interface. And even in the Java-Interface there could be some changes that would make it a little more easy for us to use.

If you need more help please contact me!
Message from vitesse at Friday, 03-Apr-09 02:37:13 GMT
Sad to know that the globaltuners service is not blind compatible. I have a question. Is Flash player compatible with any screen reading software? I had one friends and one member family that was blind and used software from Quebec province blind association (or something like that) but it was simply a Text Reading software and was very basic. that was hard to even read web page (but it was in 2005).
Message from Calico at Sunday, 12-Apr-09 08:45:11 GMT
Hi Awow,

Contacted "Royal London Society for the Blind" regarding software for Visually challenged computer operators.

Jaws was highly recommended but comes at a cost of well over £100; it's one of the best out there.

A free of charge solution may be "Thunder Screenreader", tried it, but not very impressed.

Regarding Javascript interface, you mentioned some receivers don't work with Jaws. Please let us which receivers these are,at least the ones that you are more likely to be using.
Also what would you like to see changed in Java interface to make it more Jaws friendly?

Thanks and HAPPY EASTER,

Calico
Message from Ivo at Saturday, 09-May-09 22:24:49 GMT
Does anybody have any experience with IRC clients for visually impaired? Or IRC clients that work well with screenreaders?

I can create an IRC based interface, a chat box with text commands to control the receiver.

Ivo
Message from Calico at Sunday, 10-May-09 09:27:27 GMT
Hi Ivo,

Will contact the "Royal London Society for the Blind" (et al) soon and come back to you.
Regards
Tim
Message from wa6bef at Monday, 17-Aug-09 23:42:59 GMT
One of the things that I've noticed of late is that I can no longer access the audio start buttons in modern skin. VK4FSGW apparently tried to resolve this issue, but it still doesn't work. I'm also having a problem with Flash now but its not JAWS related. After about ten seconds of operation I am told that Explorer has to close. Has anyone else noted this problem?
Message from dmitry at Tuesday, 18-Aug-09 06:22:25 GMT
wa6bef, that sounds more like our old favourite the 'flash10b.ocx' error. IE should tell you what the error is when it closes but that is the usual one that makes it crash from my experience.

While I am here I would like to apologise to user 'awow' as I did not realise you were blind. I did ask in the chat window multiple times on the Japan radio last night if I could tune but I received no response from you and tuned anyway, which you clearly were not happy with! Sorry! :)
Message from gypsy at Tuesday, 18-Aug-09 06:34:47 GMT
Hi
I think Visually handicapped / handicapped users shoudld be distinguished from other users when they are on any receiver so that the 2 minute rule does not apply to the handicapped/visually impaired users.
Regards
Gypsy
Message from dmitry at Tuesday, 18-Aug-09 06:41:22 GMT
Gypsy, I agree and was tempted myself to make a similar suggestion but I feared the 'discrimination' brigade would be on my ass so kept quiet.
View page:  <  1  2  3  > 

© 2007-2018 Ivo Smits, UCIS Internet - About GlobalTuners & Contact - Page generated in 2 ms. 0 SQL queries used.
We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners who may combine it with other information you’ve provided to them or they’ve collected from your use of their services. Click here for more information.