Don't like advertisements? Neither do we. Check out our Premium Membership to support GlobalTuners and get rid of the advertisements!
View page:  <  1  2  > 
Message from Ivo at Saturday, 14-Nov-09 00:18:54 GMT
It is now possible to open the audio stream from one of our nodes in your favourite MP3 player software. This will also eliminate the well known Flash player crashes. The feature is currently only available on the JavaScript interface, if there's demand I'll see if we can add it to the Flash interface as well.

To use this feature, select the JavaScript interface, then select "External Media Player" before you click Connect. Now, when you click one of the audio buttons (Low/Medium/High quality), the stream URL, as well as a few other links will appear just below the buttons. Click one of the links to open the stream in your favourite media player. Enjoy!
Message from RX-Hogger at Saturday, 14-Nov-09 03:40:00 GMT
That's good!

Is anyone in favor of enabling the new external player feature from the Flash interface?

73, AMFMLIST
Message from Calico at Saturday, 14-Nov-09 06:19:19 GMT
Thanks for this Ivo, great development!

One small favor?
Can there be an "Audio-only" button (for MP3), please.
Then we can at least just stream with basic phones that can't handle Flash, Ajax or Comet.

As JavaScript interface stands now, when one Connects, they need to have one of the three "Communication interfaces" selected as well, which resets my phone's browser. :s

Thanks
Tim

Last edited by Calico at Saturday, 14-Nov-09 06:23:34 UTC

I have noticed this allso on Blackberry curve. :(
/Paul

Last edited by PaulD at Saturday, 14-Nov-09 09:56:06 UTC
Message from OE3NKA at Saturday, 14-Nov-09 06:47:15 GMT
Good news Ivo!! - Audio only button for smart phones I also think would be great to have
many thanks for great site, Norbert
Message from Calico at Saturday, 14-Nov-09 08:43:59 GMT
Maybe I should have added that if there has to be a default value for this MP3 stream, personally I wouldn't mind it being "Low Quality", one way or another the audio from a mobile phone won't be hi-fi (i wish!) and also being low bit-rate, it will have fewer cutouts and help with lower charges for data allowance ?

If a computer user wanted higher sound quality, i suppose they could choose that manually?

Hope all this somehow makes sense. :)

Many thanks,

Tim
Message from Ivo at Saturday, 14-Nov-09 13:02:08 GMT
Tim, an audio only button is technically not possible, because a session has to be established (login to the receiver) before the audio stream URL can be determined. However, a mobile version of the GT website is on it's way, this one will use a very basic interface (no flash or javascript, just plain old html and many page reloads). I don't know yet how I will deal with the audio streams (as they use the relay server by default, and the relay server supports only high quality streams in most cases while only low quality is useable on a GPRS connection). Perhaps I will add another Relaying option (receiver configuration, have one to break through firewalls which allows low/medium/high quality audio and another one to save bandwidth, which only allows low quality audio).

In case you are interested in the new mobile website, a preview is available: http://www.globaltuners.com/mobile/ - keep in mind that it's a work in progress and it is not yet possible to actually use any receiver (but feel free to play around ;-).
Message from Calico at Saturday, 14-Nov-09 14:48:42 GMT
To be experiencing the transition to the post-computer-only era ....what BLISS ! Isn't this site writing history!

Thanks for your work, Ivo!
Message from Calico at Monday, 16-Nov-09 09:51:19 GMT
Topic: Media player for mobile phones

Is there a ".jar" Media player anyone may have come across that will work with Global Tuners?

If it can also do MP3 streams, all the better!

Thanks
Calico
Message from Ivo at Monday, 16-Nov-09 13:49:27 GMT
@Tim: I'm not sure, maybe you can find one on http://www.getjar.com/

Ivo
Message from Calico at Monday, 16-Nov-09 18:46:13 GMT
Thanks Ivo,

Getjar is a gem of a site indeed, it has made my inexpensive INQ1 phone, into a capable Internet phone. Got (jar) Opera Mini from there about a week ago, and little INQ1 has been flying, what a great browser!

Have not managed yet to find an INQ1 compatible Flash player (jar edition) yet, but have found at least Flash Lite (jar edition) somewhere, not so sure if it is official..

Will be great to get access to the site and tune the radios using low cost phones, such as a £ 69.oo INQ1 toy! :)

So far, I can log on the site, choose a radio, participate in IRC chatting, send and reply to support messages, but not yet tune or listen to the streamed audio, where I am focusing at the moment! Trying to save myself from getting a new phone! :))

Thanks Ivo, 73
Tim
View page:  <  1  2  > 

© 2007-2018 Ivo Smits, UCIS Internet - About GlobalTuners & Contact - Page generated in 7 ms. 0 SQL queries used.
We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners who may combine it with other information you’ve provided to them or they’ve collected from your use of their services. Click here for more information.