Don't like advertisements? Neither do we. Check out our Premium Membership to support GlobalTuners and get rid of the advertisements!
View page:  <  1  2  > 
Message from Lanta at Tuesday, 23-Nov-10 05:22:36 GMT
For the DX freaks in the USA ho like to hear a Radio Station from North Africa in the USA yes. Try Medi 1 on 171 kHz LW. Country : Morocco (Norh Africa)
TX Power is about 2.000 KW daytime yes 2 megawatts (noraml tx power on LW haha many freaks like name this low power)

Local Time in Rabat, Morocco (Western European Time) http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/city.html?n=206

Transmissions are in French and Arabic. The have news on top of the hour. In Arabic on even hours(12,2,4 PM etc) French news at 1,3,5 pm etc. You can visit the website at http://www.medi1.com/

A radio friend of me die pick this station up in the state Minnesota , Mid West USA , on a Icom Ic R 71 and a 150-200 m long wire in the winter of 2008

ps When you can pick up Medi 1 on 171 khz strong ?

than try also these LW station's to ?

182 khz "Europe 1" France Talk station (high power) TX site in Germany
198 khz "BBC Radio 4" UK station English many 4 or 5 tx's max power 300 kw ?
218 khz "RMC " (Radio Monte Carlo) Monaco France Taling station TX 2.000 KW
234 khz "RTL" France Talking and music (high power TX site in Germany
252 khz "RTE 1" Englich nantional stattion from Ireland (250 KW daytime)
252 khz "Chaine 3" France Music station Turkey 1.500 kw not sure ?
* the can mix with each other

This is a more or less good LW site http://www.dxinfocentre.com/lw.htm

73 and good DX

Lanta or operator Herman from Gent in Belgium
Message from RX-Hogger at Tuesday, 23-Nov-10 05:55:00 GMT
Those are good suggestions, here are a few corrections:

Europe 1 is on 183 kHz (Felsberg, Saarland, Germany)
RMC Info is on 216 kHz (Roumoules, France)

234 kHz RTL is in Beidweiler, Luxembourg
252 kHz Chaîne 3 is in Tipaza, Algeria

LW reception from Europe can be tried in the Saint-Jean HF receiver in Quebec, Canada or in the occasionaly active Albany, NY (currently offline) receiver.

73, AMFMLIST (Björn)

Database editor (www.amlist.org) (www.fmlist.org)
Message from Lanta at Tuesday, 23-Nov-10 07:41:20 GMT
yes your very right

252 kHz Chaîne 3 is Algeria and not in Turkey as i did write wrong

It was still to early in the morning when I did past it , and did't have a lot of coffee so I was not awake any more haha joke

So thanks Björn

73 Herman
Message from Lanta at Tuesday, 23-Nov-10 07:45:22 GMT
ps i use www.amlist.org many time

And I mail with Peer Axel to at times , a radio ham
Message from NM8R at Tuesday, 23-Nov-10 16:13:03 GMT
Lanta,

Thank you for your posting about Medi 1 on 171 Khz. During the winter evenings I can often hear it, here in Michigan, on my TS940 using an active whip antenna. It's signal strength can be surprising. I post my reception reports at:

http://lwca.org/community/YaBB.pl?board=bdLWBC

Here is a testament to its 2 megawatt signal. On January 31, 2009 LW conditions were outstanding, and I was able to tune R. Medi in on my Zenith Trans-Oceanic portable, using its internal ferrite rod antenna. It's signal was quite listenable, even on the portable.

Scott
NM8R
Michigan
Message from vitesse at Tuesday, 23-Nov-10 23:20:03 GMT
LW reception is really fun to do.

The most active station on my side seem to be Europe1 183khz broadcasting in French. RMC info came quite often too but not fallowing the same pattern as Europe1.

The most difficult part in NA is to get ride of Navigational Beacon interference.

Some receiver in USA are quite good too like albany and one in florida. Sorry, can't remember the name.

Luc
Saint-jean HF
Message from nickstr1 at Tuesday, 23-Nov-10 23:44:46 GMT
Even here on the west coast some nice catches have been made on LW but from Russia as I have yet to hear a European station. The lowest was on 153 KHz and I have not quite identified it at this time but the highest one I have heard was on 279 KHz confirmed to be Radio Rossi from Yuznho Sakkhalin. Even below that reception of time stations is possible as well with DCF77 on 77.5 KHz from Germany being possible in the eastern US and JJY on 40 KHz from Japan in the case of the western US.
Message from Lanta at Wednesday, 24-Nov-10 00:18:23 GMT
Nick,

153 khz is Deutschlandfunk Germany

Not only Radio Rossi is on 279
279 kHz - Belaruskaje Radyjo 1 (BR1) - Sasnovy - 500 kW (Belarus) ?
maybe that is one you did hear ?

I have a clock go gets a singal from DCF77 77.5 khz

On BBC Radio 4 there is also a clock singal you dont hear like DCF 77 and there is also a clock on 162 khz France Inter (talk station)

http://wiki.mayson.us/wiki/List_of_longwave_broadcast_transmitters#279_kHz

It very nice to read all those nice postings from the US about Long Wave Radio from Europe and others. The Long Wave is very long band and the need a lot of tx power to get a signal out 500 kw is low power haha so 2.000 kw is a more or lessa normal power. And no I not in the mood to pay the (elec) power bill hihi

73 Herman
Message from nickstr1 at Wednesday, 24-Nov-10 00:45:37 GMT
The LW station on 153 KHz is in Russian not German determined from when I got some signal peaks on there.
Message from RX-Hogger at Wednesday, 24-Nov-10 00:59:13 GMT
hi Nick, if the audio on 153 kHz was in Russian, then only one station listed would be likely:

Radio Rossii (Regprogram Khabarovskoe Radio), Komsomolsk-na-Amure, 1200 kW

Taldom (Moskva) is inactive on 153 kHz, after Radio Yunost closed down many stations, including numerous MW frequencies.

73, AMFMLIST (Björn)

Database editor (www.amlist.org) (www.fmlist.org)
View page:  <  1  2  > 

© 2007-2018 Ivo Smits, UCIS Internet - About GlobalTuners & Contact - Page generated in 2 ms. 0 SQL queries used.
We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners who may combine it with other information you’ve provided to them or they’ve collected from your use of their services. Click here for more information.