Don't like advertisements? Neither do we. Check out our Premium Membership to support GlobalTuners and get rid of the advertisements!
View page:  <  1  2  3  > 
Message from oregon-dave at Thursday, 20-Jun-13 21:12:15 GMT
I've been trying to get AM working right on my XDR. Here's what's happening:

FM tuning works fine. Then you decide to switch to AM. You enter a frequency like "1.120" which would be KPNW 1120 AM. The XDR switches to AM correctly, but it lands on whatever AM station it was already on. Say 590. The user entered 1120 and his receiver skin will display 1120 (1.120.000) but the XDR is actually still on 590. If the user enters another freq like 1.280 (1280) it will go to 1280 and then everything will be ok. It's that initial landing on AM that's almost always wrong.

I've tried XDR Manager v1.21a Alpha, and v1.30.

I need ideas! Why can't I get the transition from FM to AM to land on the correct frequency?
Message from oregon-dave at Thursday, 20-Jun-13 22:23:37 GMT
Actually it appears XDR Manager 1.21a doesn't work at all for AM tuning. Switched to 1.3 which mostly works except as noted above, but it doesn't have the HD1 HD2 HD3 buttons.
Message from bobdavcav at Friday, 21-Jun-13 01:43:13 GMT
As I posted in the other thread, there doesn't appear to be any buttons for different bands, just frequencies.
Message from oregon-dave at Friday, 05-Jul-13 00:49:27 GMT
Since hardly anyone was using AM, and that version of XDR Manager didn't support HD, I've disabled AM. :-/
Message from newfoundlandtime at Wednesday, 10-Jul-13 13:56:01 GMT
Too bad. I would've loved using AM 860 in the winter time.
Message from newfoundlandtime at Wednesday, 10-Jul-13 13:57:41 GMT
By the way, if you haven't checked with @nycradio, would be good to get some pointers. (Said user is currently moving to a new location.)
Message from oregon-dave at Wednesday, 10-Jul-13 15:45:51 GMT
I'm hoping I get to participate in the I2C direct-tuning rollout, if it ever happens. My XDR is modified for that and ready to go, just need the software. That will make AM work much better. Unfortunately it probably won't support HD. :-/
Message from yvesvdd at Wednesday, 10-Jul-13 16:10:25 GMT
It should be rolling out this fall or sooner :)
Message from robertr64 at Monday, 17-Feb-14 16:06:47 GMT
How would the direct tuning work? I want to keep both HD and AM on the Sony. Currently, my Sony is not "seeing" my Arduino box, so remote is broken. It was ok a few days ago, then when my laptop crashed and I rebooted it, the remote would no longer pick up. Direct tuning would be great if it supports HD, as the remote setup is a bit fragile; if the box gets moved or bumpbed, you lose the ability to tune.
Message from oregon-dave at Friday, 04-Apr-14 14:54:36 GMT
Unfortunately direct tuning doesn't support HD.
View page:  <  1  2  3  > 

© 2007-2018 Ivo Smits, UCIS Internet - About GlobalTuners & Contact - Page generated in 4 ms. 0 SQL queries used.
We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners who may combine it with other information you’ve provided to them or they’ve collected from your use of their services. Click here for more information.