Don't like advertisements? Neither do we. Check out our Premium Membership to support GlobalTuners and get rid of the advertisements!
View page:  <  1  2  > 
Message from MIAMIATC at Monday, 04-Oct-10 15:24:34 GMT
Is there or will there be an android app for GT ?? I tried listening in on my cellphone but couldn't get anything. It let me open the radios but wasn't able to tune.
Message from at Monday, 04-Oct-10 19:47:55 GMT
Also in addition to this , can GT work on an iPhone now or in the near future as might be getting an iPhone 3GS or iPhone 4 in the near future?
Message from Calico at Monday, 04-Oct-10 20:49:16 GMT
Hi Mike,

Regarding Global Tuners and Android phones, have a look at:

http://www.skyfire.com/product/skyfire-2-0-for-android/

I used to tune any GT radio on my Nokia phone using Skyfire browser, no problems at all since it supported Flash.

Good luck + 73,

Tim
Message from ev038luca at Wednesday, 06-Oct-10 20:53:19 GMT
GT works on iPhone, open the page as you would on your computer. But select from the JS interface:
1) Ajax Communication Interface
2) External Media Player Audio Interface

When selecting your audio quality, select .m3u, it will load up and there you have it :)
Message from Calico at Saturday, 04-Dec-10 13:07:13 GMT
Mobile phones and Global Tuners

Apparently now even the default browser of Android supports Flash as long as you upgrade to version 2.2.

Excitingly, SkyFire works once more fine on compatible Nokias (e.g.) Nokia E-63 etc) and Global Tuners radios work fine.
Message from Calico at Tuesday, 07-Dec-10 11:43:39 GMT
Goodies...Global Tuners Goodies !

With Christmas around the corner, thought some of us may be considering a new phone, of respectable quality to work with Global Tuners!

While at Birmingham's "Merry Hill" yesterday, I was allowed to play with two Android devices:

1) HTC Desire phone

2) Samsung Galaxy tablet

Tested them both on Paul's Cumbria DX new radio (AOR7030+) using Steve's (VK4's) Modern Interface.

Frequency selection Volume sliders, Tuning steps, Tuning Wheel, Frequency Entry, Mode setting, all worked fine with the default browser.

I struggled a bit with sending any at all text in the Local and Global Chat, but the radios worked 100% fine on these two Android devices!!

Being with family, I couldn't take my time and attempt Java Script etc interfaces, but if Flash interface worked fine with default browser, the other interfaces shouldn't have any problem either!

On the minus point? Although you can easily zoom in and out on these devices screens while surfing the web, I wish you could do the same with their virtual keyboards.

Even if you flip the Samsung tablet horizontally for example, the keyboard size doesn't get perceivably bigger, little virtual keys, whose only tactile feedback is a vibration on the screen.

This could explain, maybe, HTC's new smartphone with a real,physical keyboard.

Talking about lots of money here, £ 400 for the HTC Desire (plain, not the HD version) and £450 for the Samsung Galaxy. But if one is out for such a device, at least these ones work fine with GT !

Also...
Skyfire for iPhones, is available for a small charge...
Skyfire for Android phones is available for FREE!

Happy Christmas folks :)

PS: Did you know that Android is based on Linux and that Google has used this platform to develop its OS for mobile phones?

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Android_%28operating_system%29
Message from MIAMIATC at Wednesday, 15-Dec-10 19:18:09 GMT
Well apparently I downloaded Skyfire 3.0 Browser to my Android phone and was informed that listening to GT on my android would be possible . I still cant connect by choosing the Java Script(AJAX) setting and External Media Player. Help anyone ?????
Message from tuebschen at Wednesday, 15-Dec-10 19:37:05 GMT
hi mike

just use the modern skin and normal (flash) audio.
Message from MIAMIATC at Thursday, 16-Dec-10 01:25:05 GMT
Hi Patrice. I've done that too and nothing happening at all. If I can only get GT to work on my Phone I'd be able to listen to the nodes while driving with audio directed through car radio.
Message from MIAMIATC at Thursday, 16-Dec-10 01:25:50 GMT
By the way it's ATT HTC Aria if that helps anyone in directing me
View page:  <  1  2  > 

© 2007-2018 Ivo Smits, UCIS Internet - About GlobalTuners & Contact - Page generated in 2 ms. 0 SQL queries used.
We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners who may combine it with other information you’ve provided to them or they’ve collected from your use of their services. Click here for more information.