Don't like advertisements? Neither do we. Check out our Premium Membership to support GlobalTuners and get rid of the advertisements!
View page:  <  1  2  > 
Message from yvesvdd at Tuesday, 17-Apr-12 21:14:11 GMT
Bob from Poughkeepsie, New York put his Icom IC-R8500 online.
Feel free to tune in!
Message from erwin969 at Wednesday, 18-Apr-12 09:31:55 GMT
Location great but lot of noise on AM and FM. That's a pitty. Hope you can fix that.
Message from robertr64 at Wednesday, 18-Apr-12 10:37:32 GMT
It seems like some of the noise is coming from the laptop's wifi adapter as well as the USB/serial adapter. Any good way to fix that? I'm working on getting a better AM antenna.
Message from erwin969 at Wednesday, 18-Apr-12 10:39:46 GMT
Don't know how you can fix that. But maybe some other reciever users here can give you some advice.
Message from Ivo at Wednesday, 18-Apr-12 11:56:21 GMT
It's possible that the laptop power supply and the receiver audio cable create a ground loop. You could try to use a ground loop isolator in the audio line, but then the serial connection may still cause trouble. It may also help to cut either the ground wire on the laptop power supply or the receiver power supply, but this may be dangerous! A safer alternative would be to look for a (universal) notebook power supply that is not grounded.
Message from robertr64 at Thursday, 19-Apr-12 07:19:09 GMT
I'm not sure I want to mess with the laptop power as I occasionally use it for school. Will check on the Universal notebook one. For now I moved it to the other room to get rid of some of the noise from the FIOS box. Still not great on AM yet but FM is ok. I have AM loops but am getting a more general coveage antenna as this one is week below 850 or so.
Message from erwin969 at Thursday, 19-Apr-12 09:23:50 GMT
Your high stream is missing one channel b.t.w.
Message from hreggard at Thursday, 19-Apr-12 14:58:35 GMT
A good ND Vertical might solve your AM/MW issues; many site ops have had great success with such a setup.
Message from WDLC at Thursday, 19-Apr-12 17:12:07 GMT
The Poughkeepsie Node is a great new addition for Global Tuners...Bob has already improved the reception problem for local AM stations...hope other issues are resolved soon. Here are some youtube videos I recorded from Bob's Node. Make sure you log into your youtube account as it might say video not available in your country.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nk0KjAC0RRo&context=C423cc8bADvjVQa1PpcFNT39khKAR88E8fyadRBTMs3-jSfAz535Y=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17kLpDfCCgU&context=C4a5d71fADvjVQa1PpcFNT39khKAR88D7DXRp3ysekNS3Uyns2Ed8=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svc0L-OoRE8&feature=youtube_gdata

Last edited by nycradio at Thursday, 19-Apr-12 17:16:28 UTC

Last edited by nycradio at Friday, 20-Apr-12 22:10:51 UTC
Message from yvesvdd at Thursday, 19-Apr-12 17:17:41 GMT
Maybe the earlier location was better? I don't get WFUV from NYC anymore on 90.7, so I think it might be worse now. Thanks for checking :)
View page:  <  1  2  > 

© 2007-2018 Ivo Smits, UCIS Internet - About GlobalTuners & Contact - Page generated in 2 ms. 0 SQL queries used.
We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners who may combine it with other information you’ve provided to them or they’ve collected from your use of their services. Click here for more information.