Don't like advertisements? Neither do we. Check out our Premium Membership to support GlobalTuners and get rid of the advertisements!
View page:  <  1  2  > 
Message from oregon-dave at Wednesday, 24-Apr-13 02:50:37 GMT
Is there any interest on GT about the direct-tuning capabilities of the XDR? A lot of progress has been made to tap the full power of the XDR.

http://redakcja.radiopolska.pl/konrad/?page_id=10

*Tuner controlling with a computer
*Wide frequency tuning range (~60-130MHz and more)
*5kHz tuning steps (FM), 1kHz (AM)
*Fixed or adaptive IF bandwidth
*S-meter
*Instant tuning to the desired frequency
*AM/FM demodulation on any frequency
*RDS fast PI mode and error correction
*Selectable de-emphasis (50µs, 75µs, off)
*Digital alignment of antenna circuits
*Selectable AGC threshold level
*RF/IF +6dB gain control

Here's a demo video he made:

http://youtu.be/A3eSn6k4Tu8

GT member f4cmb Olivier GUILLAUME, who got the IR tuning system working for the XDR, has done more work on this.

Does anyone besides me find this worth pursuing for GT?

Last edited by oregon-dave at Sunday, 28-Apr-13 04:45:35 UTC
Message from oregon-dave at Tuesday, 30-Apr-13 19:17:47 GMT
Nobody is interested in this?
Message from yvesvdd at Tuesday, 30-Apr-13 20:34:20 GMT
Good news is that this system is (soon?) coming to Globaltuners, hopefully by the end of this year.
Message from oregon-dave at Wednesday, 01-May-13 03:05:11 GMT
That's encouraging. :).

Today I modified my XDR to (theoretically) support both IR tuning and direct tuning, at the flip of a switch. Will test it tomorrow. If you need a beta tester for the direct-tuning system, I'm a volunteer. :)
Message from vitesse at Monday, 06-May-13 22:34:05 GMT
Yes some user are interested, I do have a beta node myself, but down for quite some time has I had a problem with it. The main problem on my side is to found time to work on it.

The system is wonderfull and F4CMB made really really good job on it.
Message from oregon-dave at Tuesday, 07-May-13 00:41:11 GMT
I finally had time to test direct tuning today. It works great! My simple switch mod works too. I know Olivier can't test HD though, and the current software seems to disable HD. I would love to have that feature working but it may not be practical.

Anyway I'm still a volunteer beta tester. :)
Message from astra at Wednesday, 08-May-13 17:12:46 GMT
Here's another interested Globaltuner XDR member!
Right now I'm working on configuring a new Single board computer for my GT setup.

Regards from the Netherlands
Message from skottie at Thursday, 06-Jun-13 16:03:58 GMT
I like fm dx but i am not able to put up a receiver. Wich receiver is the best to tune at for fm dx?
Message from oregon-dave at Sunday, 09-Jun-13 03:41:01 GMT
@skottie, Do you mean which XDR specifically, or which tuner(s) out of all of them? There are many choices. The descriptions usually state if they're good for DX. And it depends on what area of the world you're interested in. My XDR (Eugene Oregon) has been getting some decent DX action today in the Pacific Northwest.

Last edited by oregon-dave at Sunday, 09-Jun-13 03:43:27 UTC
Message from oregon-dave at Wednesday, 03-Jul-13 23:12:07 GMT
This afternoon I did some experimenting with the digital antenna tuning, using the I2C Controller. When you tune around to different FM frequencies, the XDR adjusts the antenna tuning setting automatically, hopefully correctly. I played around with adjusting it manually (by ear and displayed signal strength) and couldn't get it optimized any better than the XDR is doing automatically itself. :)

EDIT: Or is the XDR-GTK Controller choosing the digital antenna alignment settings?

Last edited by oregon-dave at Wednesday, 03-Jul-13 23:26:05 UTC
View page:  <  1  2  > 

© 2007-2018 Ivo Smits, UCIS Internet - About GlobalTuners & Contact - Page generated in 3 ms. 0 SQL queries used.
We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners who may combine it with other information you’ve provided to them or they’ve collected from your use of their services. Click here for more information.