Don't like advertisements? Neither do we. Check out our Premium Membership to support GlobalTuners and get rid of the advertisements!
Message from Dan at Tuesday, 04-Dec-18 11:59:51 GMT
Just a quick heads up I am testing digital voice decoding over on the Evesham Node.

Read the description below the node on how to enable digital voice decoding. Please use this thread for comments so I can keep track of them.

Dan.
Message from Ivo at Tuesday, 08-Jan-19 20:00:58 GMT
Just posting this here for future reference. This is what we did to make this work on the server side:

1. Switch the receiver to Audio Only (or anything other than SDR) and restart
2. Open the Receiver configuration, select the correct soundcard for digital decoding (should be a virtual audio cable or some other loopback), click Save (no need to restart)
3. Open the Receiver configuration again, click Advanced configuration
4. Look for the value of Recorder.NAudio.Device (or Recorder.ALSA.Device on Linux), now create a new entry named Audio.DRM.Device with the same value. Click save.
5. Now you can switch the receiver back to its normal configuration and the DRM button should work. We needed to switch to "Audio Only" just to get the correct soundcard identifier.
Message from mm3vee at Friday, 30-Aug-19 22:07:00 GMT
Can you please give more info on this setup is i have a rtl-sdr is this used with sdr-sharp via the plugin and dsp+ or is it server side for the decoding?
Message from Dan at Sunday, 01-Sep-19 21:52:18 GMT
I used an SDRPlay into SDRSharp in first instance. There is then a plugin for DSDPlus which fits into SDRSharp.

Via clever use of a switch on the GlobalTuners interface it allows the user to switch the audio output from the audio from the SDR to the audio output from DSD+.

This document may be a good starting point to see if you can do it offline before Ivo and the team can look at trying to implement it for you

http://www.m6mdr.co.uk/how-to-decoding-signals-with-rtl-sdr-sdrsharp-dsd/

© 2007-2018 Ivo Smits, UCIS Internet - About GlobalTuners & Contact - Page generated in 2 ms. 0 SQL queries used.
We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners who may combine it with other information you’ve provided to them or they’ve collected from your use of their services. Click here for more information.