Don't like advertisements? Neither do we. Check out our Premium Membership to support GlobalTuners and get rid of the advertisements!
Message from LasVegasRadio at Friday, 19-Jul-19 06:37:34 GMT
It's come to my attention that a few (very few) will "Camp" on a site. They either have their volume turned down, have left the room, whatever the reason is, they are no longer watching the screen for messages. Others log on and wait, see no activity and ask to tune. Of course this goes unanswered as well.This basically renders that site UNAVAILABLE/UNUSABLE for the rest of the members!
Please STOP this "Camping". If you are listening to it, thats GREAT! that is what it for.Please do not abuse it.
Message from GeoffW at Thursday, 25-Jul-19 09:50:57 GMT
RULES AND ETIQUETTES

If someone else is using the receiver, you may not take over control unless you are granted permission by the other user via the chat system.
Ask for permission to tune before taking over control.
If there is no response from the other user, and no activity indicating that the other user is still using the receiver, you are allowed to take over control after waiting at least 2 minutes after asking permission to do so.
Message from GeoffW at Thursday, 25-Jul-19 09:51:35 GMT
Above From Terms of Service page
Message from LasVegasRadio at Thursday, 25-Jul-19 21:18:46 GMT
We all understand that Geoff, but...many people will see a site is in use and not even log into it. We have had people stay on the site ALL NIGHT, leaving their connection up, marking the site as busy.
All I am asking is this.If you are USING it...check the screen for messages.If people are going to walk away,or turn it down, not paying attention...simply disconnect so others can use the site......
Message from shadypyro90 at Monday, 12-Aug-19 05:02:49 GMT
I haven't seen anyone camping yet
Message from LasVegasRadio at Monday, 12-Aug-19 05:55:03 GMT
When you operate a site for over 12 years, you see it happen from time to time....
Not many are doing it, but the ones that do ruin it for everyone else.
If you look closely..."Las Vegas" is site number TEN......

Message from finndx at Monday, 12-Aug-19 22:56:15 GMT
This word "camping" probably has several meanings here. For myself, the meaning of this word here is keeping the used RX on the same frequency for long time periods. It can be air band, it can be broadcast station or whatever. But on the other hand, it is not easy to define what is a long time period. Identifying a station takes it's time, it can be done quickly or it can be a long process.
Message from LasVegasRadio at Monday, 12-Aug-19 23:11:25 GMT
"Camping" I.E.= RCVR left on 245.000Mhz FM for 6 hours, not answering questions on the chatline and NOT logging back in after they are bumped...."Camping".

© 2007-2018 Ivo Smits, UCIS Internet - About GlobalTuners & Contact - Page generated in 5 ms. 10 SQL queries used.
We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners who may combine it with other information you’ve provided to them or they’ve collected from your use of their services. Click here for more information.