Don't like advertisements? Neither do we. Check out our Premium Membership to support GlobalTuners and get rid of the advertisements!
View page:  <  1  2  3  > 
Message from vitesse at Sunday, 29-Aug-10 05:14:01 GMT
I everyone feel free to try my new aac+ web stream on Saint-jean nodes.

Curently I have setup two stream. One for the FMDX tuners and one for the DRM decoding system.

Audio Parameter: AAC Plus High Efficiency v2 at 40kbps
audio server: Wowza media server free edition
audio encoder: Edcast
RTMP web player: JW Player

EDIT: now the stream is almost realtime.

Hope to receive feedback on stream stability and quality.

Last edited by vitesse at Sunday, 29-Aug-10 19:51:22 UTC
Message from RX-Hogger at Tuesday, 31-Aug-10 12:42:56 GMT
Sound quality is very good, appears to be a stable stream, only drawback right now seems to be a higher latency time than on unreal media, which is around 4 seconds or so (from my end of the line).
Message from vitesse at Tuesday, 31-Aug-10 19:12:29 GMT
will try to figure if I can reduce latency on my side. Can you try to clic the play botun to stop and start again.. same latency?
Message from RX-Hogger at Wednesday, 01-Sep-10 14:17:50 GMT
I restarted the AAC+ stream several times, no effect on audio latency yet noticed.
Message from vitesse at Thursday, 02-Sep-10 02:09:46 GMT
Have reduced the latency of the streaming server software, hope this will still play fine without skip.

As reported seem to have less than 1sec of latency in europe.

Seem promising as a replacement for the unreal streaming technology on my nodes
Message from tkruczek at Thursday, 02-Sep-10 17:28:51 GMT
Hi vitesse. Have tested latency a few times and I record at 12-13 seconds here. Running 50MB download speed on my end. I was also the only one on the node.

Regards,
Tom /tkruczek /W1TXT
Message from tkruczek at Thursday, 02-Sep-10 17:29:50 GMT
BTW, audio sounds great !!!
Message from vitesse at Sunday, 05-Sep-10 23:33:59 GMT
should have improved the stream again for latency. I found that stoping and start again was rectifying latency issue, hope the new seting will correct this.

Edit: changed from 40 to 64kbps stereo audio stream for FMDX, added 32kbps mono stream for Icom HF node, keep 40kbps stereo for DRM stream. Completly removed unreal stream, but may bring it back later if needed.

Last edited by vitesse at Monday, 06-Sep-10 01:34:39 UTC
Message from Calico at Saturday, 16-Oct-10 07:30:40 GMT
Hi Luc,
Streaming works fine, how do you compare with Unreal Player, latency and security issues?
Tim
Message from vitesse at Sunday, 17-Oct-10 04:25:36 GMT
Security is not a concern for both server. They are well used around the world and are keep up to date.

As for latency this is almost comparable to unreal media, I get less than 1sec of latency. The system should normally have 100ms of latency + Internet link latency. In my own case you could expect 200-250ms of latency on my node from europe. It seem problematic in auto start mode, as it sometime have more latency then expected. Always resolved when you stop and start the stream again. I have not this problem if I leave the player in manual start and user start it himself. It's maybe related to my own local webserver that I use to host my player. Would be interesting to see if the problem occurre at New-York HD node.

As for quality it is as good as the current mp3 stream we use at GT server with 1/2 or 1/3 of the bandwidth. Plus is use native Flash broadcast system. I stream in RTSP and not http like we do in mp3. Unreal Media is using RTSP too.
View page:  <  1  2  3  > 

© 2007-2018 Ivo Smits, UCIS Internet - About GlobalTuners & Contact - Page generated in 4 ms. 0 SQL queries used.
We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners who may combine it with other information you’ve provided to them or they’ve collected from your use of their services. Click here for more information.