Don't like advertisements? Neither do we. Check out our Premium Membership to support GlobalTuners and get rid of the advertisements!
View page:  <  1  2  3  > 
Message from vitesse at Sunday, 17-Oct-10 07:13:58 GMT
Update:

I now use two different bitrate stream with the fmdx node, one is 64kbps one is 32kbps. This is for testing two stream on one player.
Message from Calico at Sunday, 17-Oct-10 12:24:04 GMT
Hiya,

Nice to see competing technologies, especially offering free basic versions.

Checked Wowza using the FM-DX radio (Modern Interface) and ALL (Flash box and Wowza streamer) worked fine with any browser I used:

Firefox,
IE8,
Chrome,
Opera,
CometBird,
Safari,
K-Meleon,
Avant,
Slimbrowser,
Flashpeak,
SRWare Iron,
SeaMonkey,
Flock,
Maxthon,
Lunascape (an unusually capable browser)

By the way, I appreciated the freedom that the Kenwood KT-6040 filters provide the end user, weak stuff can be dug out by tightening the selectivity.

Pity that the Sony XDR- F1HD doesn't provide this functionality? :-(

Also the latency I noticed (Windows XP, Opera browser) is average 2 seconds, tested by changing filters.

Nicely equipped node, Luc, one has to admit.

Tim
Message from vitesse at Sunday, 17-Oct-10 15:49:43 GMT
Sony XDR-F1HD automatically adjust the filers wide and is far superior in term of reception quality.

EDIT: BTW thanks for testing it on so many browser. I only tester it with firefox, internet explorer and konkeror (KDE)

Last edited by vitesse at Sunday, 17-Oct-10 15:52:17 UTC
Message from Calico at Sunday, 17-Oct-10 17:53:00 GMT
Yes about the auto settings of the filters, but that's the problem with the Sony XDR, design. It appears to be designed for the general public, not so much for the DX-er hobbyist.

For example if there is a weak station masked by a bit below or above strong station, the user doesn't have the choice to optimize the bandpass and narrower shape factor to reject the unwanted strong station, the radio makes the choice, not the user.

I would prefer it, if the user could shape filter settings, like with other DSP radios (Icom, Perseus, ELAD FDM77 etc)

Certainly this capability might have increased cost and use complexity, but it leaves a demanding user wishing for more.
Message from tkruczek at Wednesday, 16-Feb-11 13:17:26 GMT
Testing again today - about 2 seconds latency and working fine.

A few questions for you.....

I have two nodes online and currently use unreal media player. Wondering
if you think this software will support more than one stream? Also, was
setup difficult? Did you have to open firewall ports, etc.

Thanks,
Tom / tkruczek
Message from vitesse at Sunday, 28-Aug-11 03:46:06 GMT
Sorry for the long long delay for the reply :(

The setup is good for any number of stream.

It's curently (it as always been like this) for a 64kbps stereo stream and 32kbps mono stream with the FMDX node, a 40kbps mono stream for HF node and 48kbps stereo stream for DRM decoding...

Instalation is quite tricky, but is doable. By the way I have made a PDF explaining everything needed to be done for this.

Message from VJB at Monday, 07-Nov-11 00:02:00 GMT
I use GT in two-way HF communications so less latency is better. So far, the unreal player that Tom's using has been the best, but the AAC is very very close. You made mention Vitesse of having a PDF of how-to install. May I have a copy or post me the URL link please ?
Message from vitesse at Monday, 07-Nov-11 01:25:16 GMT
I send you an email with the guide, if you need further assistance feel free to ask. maybe direct link for downloading software are not valide anymore. if so will give you new one or put files where they where.

Unreal player is the best thing to use for extremely low latency. Removing most of the buffering stage we can get close to realtime comunication. Both use RTMP transmission.

I'm working on a new simpler way to do AAC+ streaming, but it use HTTP instead and so far this is not really successful.
Message from vitesse at Thursday, 31-May-12 02:34:27 GMT
I now use the simpler aac+ streaming system. from canada to europe I seem to get max of 2 sec delay. It use http instead of RTMP, so closer to me is better I quest.

The old setup was not replicable anymore, wowza is no more free for basic user.

The new solution is simpler and free. Simple enough that node operator could install it easily.

For info
32kbps give almost FM quality (96kbps in mp3)
64kbps give almost CD quality (128kbps in mp3)
128kbps give CD quality (224kbps in mp3)

I don't like this kind of comparator but it is needed to better understand. I personally 320kbps is even not close to cd quality for mp3, but every one use the consensus of 128kbps for "CD quality" Anyway every one should understand the advantage of aac+
Message from f4cmb at Thursday, 31-May-12 07:01:07 GMT
Response to an old message of Calico in 2010

"By the way, I appreciated the freedom that the Kenwood KT-6040 filters provide the end user, weak stuff can be dug out by tightening the selectivity. "

> It's now possible to adjust up to 15 filters in the sony XDR-F1HD in Globaltuners !! From 40 KHz to 160 KHz
This experimental stuff is running on my tuner FM-DX Giroussens.
You are invited to test it and report bugs.

Last edited by f4cmb at Thursday, 31-May-12 07:02:17 UTC
View page:  <  1  2  3  > 

© 2007-2018 Ivo Smits, UCIS Internet - About GlobalTuners & Contact - Page generated in 5 ms. 0 SQL queries used.
We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners who may combine it with other information you’ve provided to them or they’ve collected from your use of their services. Click here for more information.