Don't like advertisements? Neither do we. Check out our Premium Membership to support GlobalTuners and get rid of the advertisements!
Message from James at Saturday, 08-Jan-11 19:26:43 GMT
Hi,

The Atlantic DX node will be down until further notice, as house maintenance takes place and the EWE antenna is in need of repair which will be done when I get chance to work on it.

Sorry for the inconvenience,
James.

Last edited by James at Saturday, 08-Jan-11 19:27:08 UTC
Message from nigel at Saturday, 08-Jan-11 19:43:24 GMT
Thanks for the heads up James, We will miss the radio, I know I will :(

Happy New Year

Regards
NIGEL
Message from James at Sunday, 09-Jan-11 00:49:14 GMT
Happy New Year to you too Nigel, yes it has been running on that EWE antenna since early 2006, so it has lasted well! We are making a patio area where the EWE used to be sited, so regrettably it has to go. I just hope I can find room for a new one somewhere else in the garden!

Regards,
James.
Message from Swler at Monday, 10-Jan-11 01:37:39 GMT
Thanks for informing us. It's one of my favourite radios. I was wondering why it was missing :(
Thanks for making the radio available to us. It's been very useful.
Regards

SWLer
Message from gwiidaux at Monday, 10-Jan-11 02:48:53 GMT
Thanks for providing that excellent rig, James. I tried it a few days ago and was surprised by how well it picked up my usual propagation benchmarks.

Best wishes for 2011.

Last edited by gwiidaux at Saturday, 17-Dec-11 06:10:54 UTC
Message from Lanta at Thursday, 13-Jan-11 04:15:57 GMT
gwiidaux , here are some more freqs for WX Airfields

Airfield WX

3.413 Khz LSB Shannon Volmet (Europe) Best time to tune after 23h00 UTC)
5.505 khz USB Shannon Volmet (Europe) Day Time very srong signal in EU
6.604 khz USB New York Radio - Radio Canada (USA-Canada) after 23h00 UTC in EU
8.957 khz USB Shannon Volmet (Europe Day Time weaker signal in EU (+5.505 khz)

HF Volmet Broadcasts Meteorological Information for Aircraft in Flight
http://www.dxinfocentre.com/volmet-wx.htm

73 Herman

Last edited by Lanta at Thursday, 13-Jan-11 04:23:49 UTC
Message from gwiidaux at Friday, 21-Jan-11 02:23:57 GMT
Thanks for the freq tips, Lanta. Utes are very handy for comparing propagation, especially in these no-sunspot conditions.

© 2007-2018 Ivo Smits, UCIS Internet - About GlobalTuners & Contact - Page generated in 4 ms. 0 SQL queries used.
We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners who may combine it with other information you’ve provided to them or they’ve collected from your use of their services. Click here for more information.