Don't like advertisements? Neither do we. Check out our Premium Membership to support GlobalTuners and get rid of the advertisements!
Message from kimbo at Wednesday, 12-Oct-16 08:59:24 GMT
I use this configuration to route audio from my web browser to decoding software while also being able to listen to source audio from the web browser.

If you do not have the free VB Cable virtual audio cable, you can get it here:
http://vb-audio.pagesperso-orange.fr/Cable/

There is other software that does this, but this one is free (donation ware) and it works good.

After you install the cable driver you will have a new playback device called "Cable input" and a new recording device called "Cable output"

You use this new audio device to route audio output from software "A" to software "B".

Right-click on your windows speaker volume control and choose "Open volume Mixer". Choose "Speakers" from the drop down list on the left side under "device".
Now click the icon above "Cable output".
Click on the "Listen" tab.
Check the box labeled "Listen to this device".
Also, make sure "Playback through this device" drop down list is set to your actual audio output device such as your speakers.
Click "OK" at the bottom of the window.
On the "advanced" tab, you can set the quality of the audio. (Note there are two places where you can set this and I think they might be independent of one another.)

Right-click on your windows speaker volume control and choose "Open volume Mixer".
Choose "Cable input" from the drop down list on the left side under "device".
Click the icon above "Cable input".
On the "advanced" tab, you can set the quality of the audio.

In order to route audio from global tuners receivers into something like DSD+ or another software, you will need to set the default audio device to be the "Cable input" found on the playback tab of your sound devices.

Right-click on your windows speaker volume control and choose "playback devices".
Click on "Cable input".
Click "set default" at the bottom of the window.

Now your audio is routed through the virtual cable by default.

Note: When changing the audio quality on the advanced tab, you might get a popup box saying that something is using the audio. There is a trick to doing this and I forgot how I did it successfully. I can't remember exactly, but I think I rebooted my computer and changed it before I opened any other programs.

Message from kimbo at Wednesday, 12-Oct-16 09:12:33 GMT
Also... You can use any software with this virtual audio cable provided it lets you select an audio device for input or output. Examples:

SDR#
DSD+
Sorcerer
Audacity
etc.
Message from kimbo at Wednesday, 12-Oct-16 10:10:27 GMT
Here is some info about other virtual audio cable software for various operating systems. You should be able to do the same thing I described above on other operating systems besides windows.

http://www.dxzone.com/5-free-virtual-audio-cable-software/
Message from kimbo at Friday, 14-Oct-16 08:24:51 GMT
One other bit of info for you...

If you are using Global Tuners audio from a web browser, you probably don't want to turn down the audio volume coming directly from your web browser much if at all. If the volume is to loud in your ears, be careful which volume you turn down. Turning down the volume of your source audio could mean that the app you are sending the audio might not function properly. Instead, turn down the "speakers" mixer volume to a comfortable level as doing this will not effect the volume going into your app.

© 2007-2018 Ivo Smits, UCIS Internet - About GlobalTuners & Contact - Page generated in 2 ms. 0 SQL queries used.
We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners who may combine it with other information you’ve provided to them or they’ve collected from your use of their services. Click here for more information.