Don't like advertisements? Neither do we. Check out our Premium Membership to support GlobalTuners and get rid of the advertisements!
View page:  <  1  2  > 
Message from Lanta at Wednesday, 24-Nov-10 01:28:34 GMT
I can not hear Russia in Flanders here on 153 khz we here Germany with a S 7 to 9
Message from nickstr1 at Wednesday, 24-Nov-10 01:31:47 GMT
Seems right to me when it does come in the audio syncs up with the stronger 279 KHz station. I heard about that MW closure as well its becoming a trend in European countries but it does not make sense for Russia due to the country's size.
Message from vitesse at Wednesday, 24-Nov-10 02:56:31 GMT
Hi Nick what kind of antenna and radio you use to get time signal station DCF77 and JJY ?
Message from nickstr1 at Wednesday, 24-Nov-10 02:59:34 GMT
I only got JJY on 40 KHz not DCF77 but it was the same setup I have on the network right now.
Message from Lanta at Wednesday, 24-Nov-10 13:28:22 GMT
If you are more than 2.000 km away from the DCF 77 TX in Germany than its normal that your don't hear it any more. I did see on your profile that your are in the USA well than is more than 6.500 km or 3x wider. My QTH is about 400 or 500 km away from DCF 77. DCF can not be used for a pc clock if that is what your mean ? And the JJY on 40 khz that you hear in the US well we don't hear that here in Europe so the score is Belgium - USA = 1-1 he haha

73 Herman (Lanta)

Just as a info that is a old name that I did use on 27 mhz in the late 70's early 80's. And I did discover that there is a bus company in the USA with the same name. I would like to know where the get the name from ?

Message from Calico at Friday, 26-Nov-10 13:07:00 GMT
153 kHz Romania

Sometimes Long Waves resemble a jungle, where the big fish eat the small ones. This is the case with 153 kHz, where several stations transmit, all on the same frequency.

Despite Germany's "DLF" being geographically between Romania and the UK, Romania is still making it.

For any fellow L.W. fan in Western Europe or beyond who'd like to have a go, try night hours GMT, and use SSB (LSB) rather than AM, see YouTube video for notching out a beacon too:

YouTube Link--> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EoQITE2RQw

PS:
Romanian station has got a meaningful name too, "Radio Villages' Antenna"(Radio Antena Satelor) !
Romanian music is distinct, but if you want to confirm what you are hearing, is really them, the link is :
http://www.srr.ro/ , then on the right, click on "Antena Satelor" for their streamed program.

(Edit: No new window will open, but you will be shown a live video of the studio plus the audio stream of course)

Last edited by Calico at Friday, 26-Nov-10 13:29:49 UTC
View page:  <  1  2  > 

© 2007-2018 Ivo Smits, UCIS Internet - About GlobalTuners & Contact - Page generated in 2 ms. 0 SQL queries used.
We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners who may combine it with other information you’ve provided to them or they’ve collected from your use of their services. Click here for more information.