Don't like advertisements? Neither do we. Check out our Premium Membership to support GlobalTuners and get rid of the advertisements!
Message from Lanta at Saturday, 27-Nov-10 01:07:19 GMT
For DX's in the US and Canada

153 kHz
* Antena Satelor / Radio Romania - Braşov, Romania - 1200 kW
* Chaine 1 - Béchar, Algeria - 2000 kW
* Deutschlandfunk - Donebach, Germany - day 500 kW / 250 kW night
* NRK Finnmark - Ingoy, Norway - 100 kW
* Radio Rossii - Komsomolsk, Russia - 1200 kW

162 kHz
* France Inter - Allouis, France - 2000 kW -
* Radio Rossii - Norilsk, Russia - 150 kW
* TRT - Agri, Turkey - 1000 kW
* UZR - Tashkent, Uzbekistan - 150 kW

171 kHz
* Medi 1 - Nador, Morocco - 2000 kW
* Radio Rossii - Bolshakovo, Russia - 600 kW

177 kHz
* Deutschlandradio Kultur - Zehlendorf, Germany - 500 kW

180 kHz
* TRT - Polatli, Turkey - 1200 kW

183 kHz
* Europe 1 - Felsberg-Berus, Germany - 2000 kW

189 kHz
* RÚV - Gufuskalar, Iceland - 300 kW

198 kHz
* BBC Radio 4 - Droitwich, United Kingdom - 500 kW
* BBC Radio 4 - Burghead, United Kingdom - 50 kW
* BBC Radio 4 - Westerglen, United Kingdom - 50 kW
* Chaine 1 - Berkaoui / Ouargla, Algeria - 2000 kW
* Polskie Radio Parlament/Radio Polonia - Raszyn, Poland - 200 kW
* Radio Majak - Olgino, Russia - 150 kW

207 kHz
* RÚV - Eiðar, Iceland - 100 kW
* Deutschlandfunk - Aholming, Germany - day 500 kW /250 kW night
* Ukrainian Radio - Brovary, Ukraine - 600 kW

216 kHz
* Radio Monte Carlo - Roumoules, Monaco - 1200 kW

225 kHz
* Polskie Radio Program 1 - Solec Kujawski, Poland - 1000 kW

234 kHz
* RTL - Beidweiler, Luxembourg - 2000 kW

243 kHz DIGITAL DR Kalundborg - Kalundborg, Denmark - ? kW
power is very low
http://mediumwave.info/newsarchive_d.html

252 kHz
* Chaine 1 - Tipaza, Algeria - 1500 kW
* RTÉ Radio 1 - Clarkstown, Ireland - day 250 kW (100 kW night)
(ex Atlantic Radio 252)

261 kHz
* Radio Rossii - Taldom, Russia - 2500 kW
* Radio Horizont - Vakarel, Bulgaria - 75 kW

270 kHz
* ČRO 1 Radiožurnál - Topolna, Czech Republic - 650 kW

279 kHz
* Belaruskaje Radyjo 1 (BR1) - Sasnovy, Belarus - 500 kW
* Radio Mayak - Yekaterinburg, Russia - 150 kW

73 Herman (Lanta)
Message from Calico at Saturday, 27-Nov-10 04:12:09 GMT
Good idea to include frequencies from that website, but some editing is needed.

Sadly, their info seems to be from an old database (it's an archive, after all) so some of these frequencies have been dead for some time.

For example, the whole of Denmark is now covered by just one frequency on Medium Waves,Kalundborg's 1062 kHz. Everything else has gone VHF-FM, DAB1, DAB2, Satellite and Net-radio. No more LW AM for Denmark.

Every now and then DR-6 is "supposed to be" (??) on 243 kHz DIGITAL, but I check regularly and they haven't had any consistent program for ages.

And with only 1 kW, chances are they won't be heard very far beyond Denmark. Danmark-Radio simply suffers from financial cuts. They are not even mentioned on www.drm.org for example.

Also, it would be rather unlikely to find Turkey any more on Long Waves, I haven't heard them for ages, and they are not even mentioned on the TRT website. Have you heard them maybe lately perhaps on LW??

Also from the stations you mention on 162 kHz, only France is still there, the other three are gone.

On 171 kHz, please add GR Prgr Kavkaz/Chechnya 1200 kW

180 kHz is gone..

From 198 kHz, Polskie Radio has gone (but still present on 225 kHz)

On 207 kHz please add Morocco Azilal, SNRT, 400 kW

Finally from 279 kHz, Russia has left.

References:
Official websites of stations
WRTH 2010

Calico
Message from Lanta at Saturday, 27-Nov-10 06:57:24 GMT
Help why is my other long wave posting gone in this map it seems to be deleted ? That is not funny course I can not read the last postings any more on that ?

Please put it back if possible ? thanks

Herman
Message from Lanta at Saturday, 27-Nov-10 07:17:54 GMT
Calico,

The list I did post came from this website http://wiki.mayson.us/wiki/List_of_longwave_broadcast_transmitters#279_kHz

For people in the US the list I post is better some thing even when its not very up to date than nothing he. I have a home page about offshore radio mp3 file that are come from my archive and i'm busy to tag them and the right name. There a maybe a 1.000 mp3 in total i think its about 20 GB.

I can not put them all on line at a sever course I have max 200 MB and my files are 20 GB haha

I'm also busy to make a LW list page and I try to put a audio web stream on all the stations if I can find them of course

Can I link my home page here ?

ps I did find that page back , that I did write about in my post above here (I think it most have to with the fact that I'm still on line and there for I can see the other old postings any more ? But I did find it back via the notes that I get in my mail box)

73 Herman

Message from Lanta at Saturday, 27-Nov-10 07:38:43 GMT
Calico,

Calico write , For example, the whole of Denmark is now covered by just one frequency on Medium Waves,Kalundborg's 1062 kHz. Everything else has gone VHF-FM, DAB1, DAB2, Satellite and Net-radio. No more LW AM for Denmark. Every now and then DR-6 is "supposed to be" (??) on 243 kHz DIGITAL, but I check regularly and they haven't had any consistent program for ages. And with only 1 kW, chances are they won't be heard very far beyond Denmark. Danmark-Radio simply suffers from financial cuts. They are not even mentioned on www.drm.org for example.

Herman says , Demark is still on LW as far I know. but only in Digital that means you see a signal in you meter but no sound. Maybe the did go off air some time a go or so I'm not sure if this info is still up to date or not ?

Calico write , Also it would be rather unlikely to find Turkey any more on Long Waves, I haven't heard them for ages, and they are not even mentioned on the TRT website. Have you heard them maybe lately perhaps on LW??

Herman says , I never did hear Turkey on MW or LW , only 1 time on SW and in Englsh

Calico write, Also from the stations you mention on 162 kHz, only France is still there, the other three are gone.

Herman says, ok did know that but when I search for the audio stream or website I will see if the are gone or not ? thanks any way

Calico write , On 171 kHz, please add GR Prgr Kavkaz/Chechnya 1200 kW

Herman says

ok thanks I will note that

Calico write, 180 kHz is gone..

Herman says , Yes I believe your right to much QRM each site and not a 9 kc sift

Calico write , From 198 kHz, Polskie Radio has gone (but still present on 225 kHz)

Herman says, I know what 225 khz , but did know about 198 was that not a ch 2 in the past ? and 225 ch 1 still the same
thanks

Calico write,
On 207 kHz please add Morocco Azilal, SNRT, 400 kW

Herman says ,
Thanks did know that it new to me

Calico write ,
Finally from 279 kHz, Russia has left.

Message from Calico at Saturday, 27-Nov-10 11:41:18 GMT
Hi Herman,

There were two postings with practically the same name and topic but in different threads, that's why one posting was moved to the same thread as your previous posting, apologies for any confusion caused.

Yes, regarding frequencies and station changes using analogue Long Wave transmissions: Sadly old-tech stations, go off the air, one after the other because audiences are lost to more modern technologies. If a station cannot justify its budget (by generating revenues), that's it, "no money, no honey", switch-off and antenna farms become residential developments that bring (rather than lose) $$$ to the government (e.g. GKA in Portishead,etc)

Audience demographics for example in the 80s here in the UK would indicate about only 25% would listen to AM and 75% to FM, and that was 30 years ago, when not even Internet audiences existed...

Market for AM (LW/MW/SW) is shrinking so much, that "Passport to World Band Radio" with its "white papers" etc was lost last year. 2009 was the last ever edition, farewell http://www.passband.com as well...

It's lucky we still have WRTH, at least in its current form. :s

Hopefully *IF* DRM gets its act together (gets it right), maybe LW, MW and possibly SW may have some future because of some propagation advantages.

Bottom line in my humble opinion?

1)Let's enjoy analogue LW/MW/SW BC for as long as it's here, it's beautiful :-)

2)Global-Tuners is offering a significant service to the BC Telecoms industry, they ought to advertise GT for free on their websites. ;)

Tim
Message from Lanta at Saturday, 27-Nov-10 22:40:51 GMT
Tim, Yes I agree with you more or less and I don't on that post about my LW posting. Lucky I get a not via mail so I did find back this link http://www.globaltuners.com/forum/thread.php?tid=821 the that I talk about ho is be deleted

Yes its true that MW and LW are are very wounded are almost died. You people do not listen to the radio more at all , and if the listen it most FM. Course the says MW sound bad not a bit true but most of the young people did grow with it like we the older people where. When I was around 12 years old in 1970 FM was in is children shoes here in Belgium and still in Mono

What most young teens if the listen to the radio don't know or don't wanne know is how far a MW signal can go. Also true is that a MW TX cost a lot of money on elec power , and all the QRM we get from TV's , light Dimmer's , web modems + pc's etc that is also bad for MW

Where where the old days when we had the music ho did came from a ship in the middle of the Northsea. The will never come back good that we still have the recordings he. A ex offshore radio dj's did say at a radio day in Amsterdam about 14 days ago , when you people come and learn to work in the media.

If he tells them we did make radio from a ship at sea. And the can not believe that the say " on a boat " ! , and do you stay also on that boat than ? haha

yes he says on a boat he replay haha

Herman

Message from Calico at Sunday, 28-Nov-10 09:32:10 GMT
Hi Herman,

Yes, how times change!

LW, MW and SW and AM modulation served us well for many years, we are grateful.
But we also have to remember the frustration and misery as well of these days:

When we used to depend on Short Waves for long distance professional communications, there would be days that nothing was heard, black outs!

It was the previous time that the Olympics were run in Australia.
Melbourne would relay by Short-Wave broadcast the daily news to Lyngby at 11.00 o'clock. Lyngby would receive by radio and forward (by cable, later )on to Asia and America.

If the propagation path between Lyngby & Melbourne was open, then the Olympic Games news, would be reported.

If path closed, no news from the Olympics, on that day-or the next day..

Imagine the frustration of the world audiences, let alone the technical teams. Of course, no TV picture transmission back then either...

Also..ships could be sinking, around the date line (mid-Pacific) and if Short Waves played up, no reliable telegraphy transmission, no help from anywhere..

Maybe we should have stayed with Very Long Waves and A1A, at least that would have gone through at nights ;-)
Tim
Message from omputer at Thursday, 11-Jan-24 09:03:47 GMT
One of the things I learned the hard way was that it doesn’t pay to get discouraged https://tunnelrun.io/home
Message from samdf at Monday, 25-Mar-24 22:14:49 GMT

© 2007-2018 Ivo Smits, UCIS Internet - About GlobalTuners & Contact - Page generated in 2 ms. 0 SQL queries used.
We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners who may combine it with other information you’ve provided to them or they’ve collected from your use of their services. Click here for more information.