Don't like advertisements? Neither do we. Check out our Premium Membership to support GlobalTuners and get rid of the advertisements!
View page:  <  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  > 
Message from vitesse at Tuesday, 14-Sep-10 20:07:45 GMT
This prety cheap for an original arduino board, they sold it for 30$ every where (is US)

The only limitation is that you won't be able to decode RDS info with it. If you are interested in RDS modification you need a seeeduino for the 3.3v operation. Original Arduino operate only a 5v.
Message from astra at Wednesday, 29-Sep-10 19:03:51 GMT
A small update from my side:
Before I read the previous message posted by Vitesse I already bought this Arduino Deumilanove board.

XDRI2CRDSV5.pde is running on Arduino board
xdrmanager.exe is running on a pc.
IR commands from xdr manager are received by the XDR

Some questions:

1 What about the audio connections between XDR and the pc. Should I adjust audio levels somewhere?
2 I don't think I need a 3.3V -> 5V level shifter to read the rds. In debug mode I can see something more when I dial to a station with rds. Is there a way to check if rds data is decoded right?

Best regards, Astra
Message from vitesse at Wednesday, 29-Sep-10 22:15:01 GMT
I'm not the most technical expert when talking about I2C bus, where you read the RDS signal. But connecting 5v on the 3.3v (Specification claim 2v) is not a good idea and you could probably broke the RX.

As for audio you should place all volume to it's maximum. XDRF1HD as a line out signal level and if you use the line in of the sound card it should normally be ok at 100% volume
Message from Dreamxtreme at Thursday, 30-Sep-10 01:13:03 GMT
The best way to make sure everything is working is to put your node on.
by the way yesterday i accidentally flicked the 3.3 - 5v switch over to 5v but it did no harm for the short time it was on.

Anyway get your node running and test everything with a local stations

Thanks
Will
Message from m3gab0y at Tuesday, 25-Jan-11 14:44:46 GMT
I have a XDR-F1HD node running, but I don't have the control boards, mentioned in this threat. The tuner is online 24/7 and currently tuned to a Serbian station that's about 100km away from here, but it has excelent signal. The signal is fed to the PC via Line in, and streamed over the Internet via Icecast server. My location is Sofia, Bulgaria.
Info about the tuner and a local bandscan: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Usm41WRTTJg
If anyone's interested in adding me as a node, plese, let me know ;)

Best regards.
Message from Calico at Tuesday, 25-Jan-11 15:23:00 GMT
Hi m3gab0y,

Maybe we've spoken before on a different forum relevant to "Free Radio" not sure if it was you some time last year?

I don't have this radio or have any experience with Arduino boards involved. However, I am expressing interest in your radio and hope people who know more about this radio see your message and jump in to help.

Watched your bandscan on YouTube, lovely! Can you also receive Medium Waves ?
73 from Dorset, UK
Message from PA5M at Saturday, 12-Feb-11 13:01:07 GMT
I just ordered the Arduino Uno board, got my Sony XDR-F1HD (will be revised with other power supply which is in the mail too) and 2x Korner FM15.11 in the mail. Furthermore the Bolin Phaser box is in the house and I am on the ordering list for the RDS PCB from Ced.

If all works out well I should have a proper FM-DX station available before the ES-season starts.

Will keep you all informed!

73e Michael
PA5M
Message from Calico at Saturday, 12-Feb-11 20:45:04 GMT
Nice setup Michael!

Do you have any youtube videos maybe of any reception in the meantime? Would be good if you had any footage with phasing as well.

I am into phasing too, but with MF/HF. With my very small garden though, VHF phasing should have been my choice too !

What "other power supply" are you referring to?

Keep us posted,
Tim (Dorset, UK)
Message from vitesse at Saturday, 12-Feb-11 23:00:22 GMT
Wow, great to see another FMDX node comming. Two Korner antenna with a phaser is something many of us will always dreamed to try.

I'm too curious about new power supply.

VA2DLJ - Saint-jean Node.

Last edited by vitesse at Saturday, 12-Feb-11 23:00:54 UTC
Message from Calico at Saturday, 12-Feb-11 23:15:39 GMT
Yes, Michael will need to pay attention about how he powers his Sony.
I am not even turning on mine until it is safe to do so.
Too many people out there who have burnt up their XDRs :s
View page:  <  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  > 

© 2007-2018 Ivo Smits, UCIS Internet - About GlobalTuners & Contact - Page generated in 6 ms. 0 SQL queries used.
We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners who may combine it with other information you’ve provided to them or they’ve collected from your use of their services. Click here for more information.