Don't like advertisements? Neither do we. Check out our Premium Membership to support GlobalTuners and get rid of the advertisements!
View page:  <  1  2  > 
Message from vk4fsgw at Saturday, 05-Dec-09 23:54:00 GMT
Gidday all,
As you would have noticed a new Modern Skin has been developed with new features added. I will explain them simply for you.
1. Mouse wheel has been re-added on the VFO. use mouse wheel for up/down frequency.
2. Clearly and Refined layout, added room for some text display and spectrum analyzer.
3. Sliders have been replaced by knobs (still under development with correct controls)
4. Most big and important change. MAY I TUNE PLEASE BUTTON.
This feature is stop or limit HIJACKING of nodes and or accidentally tuning a receiver without asking. (can be done and has been done).

HOW IT WORKS:-

When you log into a node that is not being occupied by another user this button will not be available.
When you log into a node occupied by a user or users, this button will be on screen displaying MAY I TUNE PLEASE. All RADIO CONTROLS have been DISABLED. When you press the button it will disappear and a counter above the signal meter will appear displaying seconds from 120 and counting downwards. Also in the chat box a message will appear asking to tune. After 120secs has been reached all radio controls will be restored and if no response from other users, you may proceed to tune away. As requested in one of the forums, the frequency display has been enable once more, but, mouse wheel from this location has been removed. Also will see if I can add a chime or ding to the interface to get attention from users on the nodes.
This anti-hijacking feature was also a request from a forum news post recently.
Ultimately we cannot stop hijackers full stop other than ban them for life. This should slow down hijacking to another level.
Thanks for your inputs
Steve

Last edited by vk4fsgw at Sunday, 06-Dec-09 00:01:58 UTC
Message from norave at Sunday, 06-Dec-09 05:58:40 GMT
Yo m8,

thanks for that great work!

Sven
Message from PaulD at Sunday, 06-Dec-09 07:59:21 GMT
Steve

In principle yes, happy with this
However
Site ops who own the receiver should not have to ask to use their own receiver.
This could be frustrating, as I use mine quite alot during day time.

Thanks

Paul D
Message from vk4fsgw at Sunday, 06-Dec-09 09:04:34 GMT
yo Paul am working that at present. I know your feeling
Message from VR2HF at Sunday, 06-Dec-09 09:16:18 GMT
Hello Steve,

A fantastic job again. Your efforts are much appreciated. I may have more feedback as I use the interface over time. For now two suggestions:

1. Change the center panel colour to a primary colour. I like the blue but find this particular shade hard to look at. It also tends to make the frequency readout harder to read.

2. In the future, if there are major changes, maybe you could submit them to the site ops for beta testing, feedback and comment before taking them live. That might help bring the best possible interface to the users from the start.

Keep up the good work!

Dan...VR2HF
Message from PaulD at Sunday, 06-Dec-09 11:02:58 GMT
thanks Steve, Its looking good tho. :)

Paul D
Message from W1WCN at Sunday, 06-Dec-09 15:45:22 GMT
Thanks for continuing to make this a great site. In particular the "May I Tune" button and the VFO mouse wheel! Also, I agree that the admins should have tuning priority on their own nodes. I don't host a node myself (hopefully someday), but I think that since they've been gracious enough to grant us access to their radios we should allow them honors in tuning.
Message from ku4a at Sunday, 06-Dec-09 17:49:39 GMT
Steve: These changes are exactly the kind of thing I have thought we should have. Thanks, mate!
Message from SV2BWM at Sunday, 06-Dec-09 21:33:07 GMT
I think owners of the node should not wait for the 'May I Tune' button to use it or even see the frequency. This rule should be applied for everyone else than the owner, I think...
73's de SV2BWM Anastasios

Last edited by SV2BWM at Sunday, 06-Dec-09 21:34:19 UTC
Message from AJ1G at Tuesday, 08-Dec-09 00:50:23 GMT
New skin OK, agree that blue is better color.

Would prefer going back to slide bar controls vs rotating knobs - easier to manipulate than putting "english" on the knob icons. Similar to why the mouse wheel is better for the main tuning knob - makes the tuning essentially like an up down slider control!

Keep up the good work!

73 de

Chris, AJ1G, Stonington, CT
View page:  <  1  2  > 

© 2007-2018 Ivo Smits, UCIS Internet - About GlobalTuners & Contact - Page generated in 4 ms. 0 SQL queries used.
We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners who may combine it with other information you’ve provided to them or they’ve collected from your use of their services. Click here for more information.