Don't like advertisements? Neither do we. Check out our Premium Membership to support GlobalTuners and get rid of the advertisements!
View page:  <  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  > 
Message from vitesse at Friday, 10-Apr-09 16:12:33 GMT
this is a basic tread that Explain what is involved when you want to create a server here, as many user and node operator seem interested in this. I hope all discussion will be concentrated here.

The Radio is controlled by infrared light, the same way you control it with is own remote. The system use an Arduino board you can have more information at www.arduino.cc . No definitive hardware is recommended but many user have success with Seeduino (an Arduino clone) I personally use Arduino Diecimilia and Duemilanove.

The Arduino board is flashed with a firmware written by Olivier (F4CMB) from Toulouse, we put a infrared led on it then plug the kit on a free USB port on the computer.

A software written by Olivier (C4FMB) is ten install on the computer in the same directory that Uradioserver. this software cross talk with Arduino board and Uradioserver.

After that you have to create a node like you would do normally and choose Sony XFR-F1HD as radio, then configure the node to talk with Olivier software (simple 3 line editing)

The radio need to be programed to be direct frequency usable. this is done inside Olivier XDR software, You have to do this once for the AM and once for the FM band. It will automatically fill memory bank.

If you have question feel free to ask here. If you need help building a node I could help too (in my free time).

Last edited by f4cmb at Thursday, 31-May-12 22:13:33 UTC
Message from W1WV at Monday, 13-Apr-09 13:00:45 GMT
Vitesse,

Would this board be compatible with other receivers that utilize an IR remote such as the Sangean HDT-1 and 1X?

Denis
Message from vitesse at Monday, 13-Apr-09 19:50:54 GMT
This would use the same principle, but this would be a complete different project a Sangean would use different IR code than Sony. And the tuning logic is probably not the same as with Sony.
Message from W1WV at Tuesday, 14-Apr-09 00:29:38 GMT
OK, the Sony is cheaper in price anyway and seems to have better specifications. Now where would one obtain the Arduino board?
Message from vitesse at Tuesday, 14-Apr-09 02:17:36 GMT
I get mine at http://www.nkcelectronics.com/ and I'm happy with their service.

You have the choice between Arduino and Seeduino. Seeduino board is a clone of Arduino and do the same thing but the is cheaper. Personnaly I use Arduino board.

So far
FMDX-Toulouse and FMDX-Montreal use Arduino Diecimilia (old model), HD-New-York and FMDX-Flanders use Arduino Duemilanove (newer 2009 model) and FMDX-Stockport and FMDX-London use seeduino (if I don't make mistake)

seeduino:
http://www.nkcelectronics.com/seeeduino-fully-assembled--arduino-compatible.html

Arduino:
http://www.nkcelectronics.com/arduino-diecimila.html

Message from rssllcr at Monday, 20-Apr-09 19:11:51 GMT
I have a suggestion could you put up a check list of things people need to put a node up on Global Tuners and what people need to buy thanks
Message from Garth at Tuesday, 05-May-09 03:07:36 GMT
Hi RSSLLCR,

To put up a node you would need a radio that can be connected to and controlled by a PC using Windows/Linux.
Find details of what these radios may be on the top left of the page, Under Menu, 2nd item :"Receivers".
Also the better the antenna the better.
You don't "need" to buy anything else really, which is very good news in these recession times ;)

Cheers for now

Garth
Message from Dreamxtreme at Tuesday, 26-May-09 21:24:48 GMT
Can i add the fact the Seeedunio board that has the right pins to possibly read RDS and info from the XDR where as the others dont
Message from W1WV at Saturday, 29-Aug-09 11:14:38 GMT
Can someone in the group share with me the software & schematic to enable communication between the Ardunio board and Sony XDR-F1HD?

Thanks,
Denis
Message from vitesse at Saturday, 29-Aug-09 15:45:32 GMT
Do you want information to decode the RDS signal or simply control the XDR-f1HD like most of the node here? I can help you with software and schematic if you want.
View page:  <  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  > 

© 2007-2018 Ivo Smits, UCIS Internet - About GlobalTuners & Contact - Page generated in 5 ms. 0 SQL queries used.
We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners who may combine it with other information you’ve provided to them or they’ve collected from your use of their services. Click here for more information.