Don't like advertisements? Neither do we. Check out our Premium Membership to support GlobalTuners and get rid of the advertisements!
View page:  <  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  > 
Message from W1WV at Saturday, 29-Aug-09 17:42:09 GMT
Yes. I want to keep standard with the rest of the crew.
Message from vitesse at Saturday, 29-Aug-09 18:00:55 GMT
Will send you information today on your registred GT email.

Maybe I will do a small Guide if I have time so other can re-use the same information.
Message from vitesse at Tuesday, 01-Sep-09 00:41:23 GMT
I'm still working on the guide, should be ready tomorrow. I have many work to do, so not many time to produce the guide, but hopeful this will be useful for many.
Message from thos at Saturday, 12-Sep-09 22:10:41 GMT
Hi there, I would like to explore setting up a node in Auckland NZ, is this an appropriate forum to discuss the issue??

Last edited by thos at Saturday, 12-Sep-09 23:42:17 UTC
Message from Calico at Saturday, 10-Oct-09 13:07:23 GMT

To anyone interested in starting a new node with Global Tuners!

---------To share a radio with the world is c-o-o-l ! --------

If you have a PC with an average Internet connection you can setup a basic node, pretty quickly.

GlobalTuners gives anyone the opportunity with a computer and an average Internet connection (32kbytes/sec upstream bandwidth or more), to set up a node, anywhere they are. You could start with a non-tuneable (audio-only) one. Basically you need to connect the audio outlet of any radio to your line-in of your soundcard, and you can relay to the world an interesting transmission / station from your location. It's that simple!

How does this happen? Ivo (our site manager and owner of Global Tuners) has greatly simplified the procedure with his software (Phases 1 and 2)

After logging in to your Global Tuners account, follow steps described at URL:

http://www.globaltuners.com/receiver/share.php

and for receiver type, choose "Audio only"

Follow the installer directions, forward (= make available) to the site a port for the site and computer to be able to "talk" to one another, e.g. 3333. Choose your soundcard from the appropriate drop down menu, and check your Line-in settings, not to be set at maximum.

If any difficulties occur, call for an Administrator or send a ticket for support.

For a tuneable node, a 2nd hand, computer-controllable radio will do the job. Please consult Global Tuners for supported radios before making any purchases if you dont already own a radio!

Greetings and we look forward to seeing your radio online !

Calico

Last edited by Calico at Saturday, 10-Oct-09 13:14:35 UTC
Message from astra at Friday, 04-Jun-10 06:39:56 GMT
Hi There,
I'm also interested in setting up a node here in the Netherlands.
I already have a modified Sony XDR-F1HD rx (pre-emphasis 75us>50us).
Antenna is a rotation log-periodic for 88-108 MHz.
@Vitesse: Can you please send me the same information you've sent W1WV regarding the software for a seeduino board and hardware connections between the board and the receiver. That would be greatfull!

Regards, Astra
Message from tkruczek at Saturday, 05-Jun-10 12:09:52 GMT
astra, great to hear you want to set up a node.

I was reviewing some notes from June, 2009 and Globaltuners had just reached 15000 users. Today, over 24000 have signed up. Unfortunately, only a few additional servers (in total are online). Receivers come and go and I encourage everyone w/the means to offer any gear up for general use. Setup is usually pretty easy and many node owners are available to help.

Regards,
Tom
tkruczek/w1txt
admin NWCT nodes.
Message from vitesse at Saturday, 05-Jun-10 19:24:49 GMT
I Astra. I'm really busy theses day and not often on the network. will try to send you information as soon as possible over email. probably in a few day. XDR-F1HD are great receiver :) Do you have the f4cmb modification on it?

Luc, aka Vitesse
VA2DLJ
Saint-jean nodes admin.

Message from astra at Sunday, 06-Jun-10 19:18:00 GMT
@Vitesse,

Ok, I will take a look at the information you sent me.
Indeed the Sony XDR-F1HD is a nice receiver. I guess I don't have the
F4CMB modification on it.

Regards, Astra
Message from vitesse at Sunday, 06-Jun-10 21:24:08 GMT
You need an arduino controler to control the Sony XDR f1HD, this is simple to do and it work by infra red remote port (like the included remote controle).

You need a second arduino controler for the antenna rotation (if you want it).

Additionally you can get RDS info from receiver, but you need to do radio modification (a little more tricky).

Will send you information soon.
View page:  <  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  > 

© 2007-2018 Ivo Smits, UCIS Internet - About GlobalTuners & Contact - Page generated in 4 ms. 0 SQL queries used.
We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners who may combine it with other information you’ve provided to them or they’ve collected from your use of their services. Click here for more information.