Don't like advertisements? Neither do we. Check out our Premium Membership to support GlobalTuners and get rid of the advertisements!
View page:  <  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  > 
Message from vitesse at Sunday, 20-Mar-11 23:16:07 GMT
Here the Updates PDF with working link.

http://fmdx.gotdns.com/download/GlobalTuners_Sony_XDR-F1HD_guide_v1r2.pdf

If you need help with RDS, please ask and I will add it to this guide.
Message from db1 at Tuesday, 22-Mar-11 13:33:53 GMT
Hi,

Just wondered if someone knows the "average" upload a day/month of having a radio online.
Thanks,
db
Message from m3gab0y at Monday, 13-Jun-11 11:51:42 GMT
db1,
around 16 kilobytes per listener per second and
around 40 gigabytes of traffic per listeners per month (assuming the listener is listening 24/7 during the whole month and that the month is 31 days)
Message from m3gab0y at Monday, 13-Jun-11 11:56:14 GMT
hey guys, I have an active unmodified Sony XDR F1HD tuner, running 24/7 in Western Sofia, Bulgaria. You can see a video of the typical receivable by the XDR stations in my area: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuEBLIvTw30

The live audio link to the tuner is: http://m3gab0y.com/live.ogg
Due to technical difficulties, you can't change frequencies automatically. I will do that for you.
Message from db1 at Monday, 13-Jun-11 14:06:47 GMT
Hi m3gab0y,

Thankyou for that information. I have been thinking of trying putting a radioonline, but I have a gb limit per month from my ISP, so thats why I wondered how much it took in uploads.
Thanks again,
I appreciate your information,
David (db1)
Message from Dreamxtreme at Wednesday, 22-Jun-11 20:51:02 GMT
Not much. If its 128Kbs up then its 12.8KBs Data rate a sec so 1GB would take a serious amount of time as a Gigabyte is 10000 KBs
Message from db1 at Thursday, 23-Jun-11 02:01:10 GMT
Hi dreamextreme,
I have a 20gb limit. I thought my limit was being put back to 10gb but I found that it isn't, and that it is staying at 20gb per month. M3gb0y was saying that it would maybe be 40 gigabytes per listener if listening 24/7, so I might one day try it for a little while and see how much my rx would be used etc. and how that would affect upload amounts.
db1
Message from Dreamxtreme at Thursday, 23-Jun-11 02:17:05 GMT
Yes it would be but you'd never have 1 listening all time actually you can reduce 30% so 12GB and im pretty sure your limit only applies to downloading not uploading depending on your isp. So who is your ISP?

Thx
Will
Message from db1 at Thursday, 23-Jun-11 02:54:13 GMT
Hi dreamxtreme,
That was a quick reply :)

My isp is xtra in New Zealand. From what I have read it counts uploads and downloads in the 20gb limit.
Thanks for the info about gb per month. I'll have a think about it and maybe try it one day. Someone else uses this internet connection, so I don't want to use up too much of our download amount as they need it through the month.

db1
Message from oregon-dave at Wednesday, 10-Apr-13 21:16:07 GMT
Hey Everyone,

Sorry for dredging up this old thread!

I'm trying to get an XDR working, using Seeeduino 3.0 board. Running into a few issues. Keep in mind that although I have tech experience, Arduino/Seeeduino is new to me. :)

I have an XDR firmware sketch dated 2009:

/* GLOBALTUNERS SONY XDR-F1HD REMOTE CONTROL + RDS DECODER */
/* OLIVIER GUILLAUME - F4CMB - 2009                        */

It seems some things have changed since then and it won't compile under the IDE v1.0.4. Does anyone have a newer version of the sketch that will compile? Or should I just revert to an older IDE?

Anyway that's my first question. I'm sure there will be more. ;) I really want to get this working and appreciate any help I can get.

Thanks.

oregon-dave

EDIT: I reverted to IDE v0023. Found a couple of undeclared variables (?) PD2 & PD3. Fixed that, now it compiles and uploads without error. Woo hoo!

Now to get the IR transmitter working...

Last edited by oregon-dave at Wednesday, 10-Apr-13 22:08:28 UTC
View page:  <  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  > 

© 2007-2018 Ivo Smits, UCIS Internet - About GlobalTuners & Contact - Page generated in 3 ms. 0 SQL queries used.
We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners who may combine it with other information you’ve provided to them or they’ve collected from your use of their services. Click here for more information.