Don't like advertisements? Neither do we. Check out our Premium Membership to support GlobalTuners and get rid of the advertisements!
View page:  <  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  > 
Message from gypsy at Sunday, 26-Jul-09 06:27:12 GMT
Hi
Some of the most interesting digital modes I have received, are on the 30 MB @ 10.140 - 10.141. BPSK, RTTY, HELL, MFSK, Olivia, SSTV on MFSK mode, are some of the modes received. 18.100 has some surprises at times.
On 20 meteres mainly I have received BPSK and RTTY, I am not able to find other modes on 20 metres, if anyone knows of other frq on 20 meteres please let me know.
Regards
Gypsy

Last edited by gypsy at Sunday, 26-Jul-09 06:31:53 UTC

Last edited by gypsy at Friday, 31-Jul-09 12:38:56 UTC

Last edited by gypsy at Friday, 31-Jul-09 12:39:54 UTC
Message from Calico at Sunday, 26-Jul-09 13:12:55 GMT
DRM hickups
Oops, apologies to anyone trying 13810 (10-14 UTC) and 15640 (best 15-16 UTC), program decoding DRM had collapsed and I was away from PC to keep an eye on it.

DRM Decoding software is up and running as of 13.00 UTC today July 26 and 13810 works like a treat on Digital SW.
Tim
Message from G0UUU at Thursday, 30-Jul-09 04:06:12 GMT
Not sure if this has been logged yet?

DRM - 3.995 - 0400GMT - BBC World Service - Received on Dorset tuner

Was very strong. Attenuator was needed otherwise nothing was decoded. Even with attenuator on, the strength of the signal (still +40db) was causing problems.

Last edited by G0UUU at Thursday, 30-Jul-09 04:18:57 UTC
Message from Calico at Thursday, 30-Jul-09 11:37:14 GMT
Hi Phil,

Well done for working out strategies and defenses against front-end overloading ;)
3995 has been a challenge for me too,if I can remember, although the signal is huge, I have found difficult to decode it, will have to try one day with proper, dedicated DRM receiver.

In the meantime, FIND USEFUL TIPS, regarding filter values, QSY-ing up/down nominal frequency to dodge closeby interfering stations, AGC or ATTEN on/off cases in the USER'S LOG and *DRM log of Dorset DRM !

I even saw a user (Anna) use NFM 15k, and she would still decode DRM, ha ha.

My experience ? Try and use Attenuator on, 15k filter, AM mode and +/- 1kHz if there is interference.

If you really have time to mess about, zerobeat with SSB narrow, find the offending frequency and "RIT" up or down accordingly till you find the sweet spot decoding in DRM given that offener's carrier is about 4.5 kHz away if playing by the rules! eg. instead of tuning spot on nominal =1593, go 1594 or 1592, it's worked great for me!

With weak signals eg Chile, or BitExpress (100 W only) or sometimes even RTBF (Belgium, 9925, 11.40 UTC) i do NOT use Attenuator, but with strong signals, it's a must. Wonder if conventional diodes quality has something to do here, but that's a horse of another color.

Catch you hopefully on the (DRM) bands ;)

Calico/Tim

Last edited by Calico at Thursday, 30-Jul-09 13:04:09 UTC
Message from gypsy at Friday, 31-Jul-09 12:37:44 GMT
Hi
Those of you interested in Digital SSTV, there is good news, you'll can down load the Easy Pal software July 2009 version and start receiving digital sstv after configuring the software.
I have received pictures on 7.173 LSB on the Cleaveland Ohio receiver from around 12.30 UTC. However the mode is quite sensitive to band conditions, very similar to DRM propagation, you either get the signal / picture, or you don't.
Thanks to GT users Dennis and WIGNS for helping me in receiving the same and in configuring the software.
Regards
Gypsy
Message from Garth at Friday, 31-Jul-09 23:25:06 GMT
Gypsy's digital SSTV message above is interesting.

Look at what you can receive :

http://www.g6nhy.talktalk.net/image9

of course you can keep on browsing by going to image10, image 11, pure..digital joy ;)

70+3
Message from gypsy at Saturday, 01-Aug-09 10:48:10 GMT
Hi Garth
Thanks for the link on digital sstv, of course digital sstv has great picture quality, very similiar to DRM radio :)
regards
Gypsy
Message from Garth at Tuesday, 04-Aug-09 00:20:45 GMT
Yep, digital SSTV is indeed DRM, so far as Easy Pal at least is concerned.
Thanks for introducing Easy Pal here, by the way.
Message from Calico at Tuesday, 04-Aug-09 10:49:17 GMT
Hi

For anyone interested in receiving crystal-clear Digital SSTV images, try followin URLs for help with setting up EasyPal. EasyPal (like HamPal) is a program using DRM (Digital Radio Mondiale) and the images are as Rohit&Garth have already pointed out,crystal clear; a significant evolution of Analogue SSTV:

http://vk4aes.com/ (author of program and program download)

Nice guides:

http://www.g4rob.co.uk/easypalhelp/easypal_main_screen_help.htm
http://www.g4rob.co.uk/easypalhelp/

What's DRM ? Valuable info re. non-commercial DRM, too!
http://www.users.on.net/~trevorb/

How to tune:
LSB or USB depending on the band (e.g. LSB for 7 MHz and USB for 14 MHz)
3 kHz filter (if you have adaptable filters = 2.3 or 2.5 kHz)

Where to tune:
In the U.S., digital SSTV is concentrated at 14.233 USB and 7.173
LSB.

In Europe try:
7171 KHz Europe DIGITAL SSTV Call Freq.
3733 KHz Europe DIGITAL SSTV Call Freq.
14233 KHz Europe DIGITAL SSTV Call Freq.

source: http://www.tima.com/~djones/dignet.txt (Google Search)

Tip:
1) Try and hear once what this modulation sounds like. Then you can recognize it when you hear it regardless of recommended frequencies.

2) Go to a radio with a good HF antenna! If you cant hear anything on recommended frequencies, try using a wide filter, eg 6 or 15 kHz. That will allow you to hear -and hopefully recognize by the sound of it- a signal below or above the recommended frequencies, and then tune to it, chances are that a station will stay there for a bit.

3) Adjust your soundcard input settings to a low level, distortion will only cause issues. Follow the guides and see what you SHOULD see re waveform in "waterfall". Then you will know if things are more or less as they should be.

Enjoy DRM-ing ;)

Tim
PS: Once more, thanks go to Rohit (aka Gypsy) for raising awareness re. EasyPal as well as other digimodes

Calico/Tim
Message from gypsy at Tuesday, 04-Aug-09 15:44:46 GMT
Hi Tim
As usual all the URL"s are great value for money :}
Thanks for the great links.
Regards
Gypsy
View page:  <  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  > 

© 2007-2018 Ivo Smits, UCIS Internet - About GlobalTuners & Contact - Page generated in 4 ms. 0 SQL queries used.
We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners who may combine it with other information you’ve provided to them or they’ve collected from your use of their services. Click here for more information.